Chapter Thirty-Two: The AfterMath

I stretched my arms lazily, trying to get rid of the stiffness in them. My hand hit something and I reeled back. My head whipped around I noticed that I had hit a wall. 'This isn't Aunt's, nor my neighbor's house. Where am I?' My eyes wandered around the room as I thought of different possibilities. Then I noticed the pressure on my waist. My eyes widened and I struggled to turn over. To both my relief and shock, it was Takashi. I gasped slightly and one of Takashi's eyes opened lazily at me. His hold tightened, bringing me closer and my face was practically in flames. Takashi closed his eye again and his breathing evened out to how it as before. My heart was racing and I was trying to figure out how to get out of Takashi's grip when he sat up, accidentally pulling me into him. His hold loosened and I was able to escape. I fell onto the floor and my hair fell partly into my eyes. Takashi stood up and came sat near me. I hid behind my hair at first, but Takashi thwarted that idea by tucking it behind my ear. Next I tried to just avoid his gaze, but sure enough , he just brought my face back up to face his own. My face burned brighter and Takashi gave a mall chuckle before capturing my lips with his own for a few seconds. My eyes widened even more if possible and Takashi withdrew, a smile on his face before he left the room with a change of clothes. I sat here for a few more minutes, my face as red as my hair and my mind as drifted as clouds in the sky. The door opened again and Takashi came back in his uniform this time.
"I'll drop you off at your neighbor's on the way to school. You may want to take the day off today after what happened. Be there for your sister," Takashi said, ruffling my hair as he walked by to get his school bag.
That was enough to knock me back into reality. I nodded and accepted Takashi's help to get on my feet again. He pulled me up in one swift movement and I nearly collided into his chest. I luckily stopped myself just a moment before collision. I straightened out my clothes and followed Takashi out.
"So where are we?" I asked, just now remembering we weren't anywhere that I could name.
"My house. Your neighbors didn't answer and I thought you wouldn't want to be home right now," Takashi responded.
I stopped and my face blushed again. Takashi just continued on though. I shook myself out of my daze and ran after Takashi. He opened the door and left to get in probably the most common vehicle besides my own that I've seen lately. He climbed into the back and motioned for me to follow him. I did so hesitantly and sat next to him, still shaken up from the earlier events. As I pondered about what happened, I barely registered the fact that we pulled into the parking lot of my apartment complex until Takashi chuckled and ruffled my hair. I started and my face blushed. I looked down at the floor and my hands fumbled with the door handle.
"T-thank you Takashi," I mumbled.
I felt something on my head and looked at Takashi to see his face going away. I looked back down realizing what happened and my hand finally got the door opened. I nodded goodbye and walked upstairs to my neighbors. I opened the door to see my sister in an armchair with dry tears on her face. I picked her up and moved her to a spare room. As I laid her down onto the bed, her hand reached out to me.
"M-mom, d-don't leave m-me," She mumbled, a new stream of tears trailing down her face.
I looked down at her sadly and laid down with her. My energy was almost completely drained and I was happy to be back with my sister again.