Chapter Twenty-One: The Date, Part 2

I followed Takashi blindly, wondering what was in plan. He started up the hill and turned around to smile at me. I smiled back and followed him, confident it would be something fun. He took my smaller hand into his, and lead me towards a path leading to the nearby lake. I looked at the lake curiously, then noticed the picnic blanket and basket. I smiled up at Takashi and he ruffled my hair. He lead me over to the picnic area and we ate while admiring the view and noise around us. As we concluded our meal, I placed both mine and Takashi's plates back into the basket and folded the blanket before putting that in as well. Takashi took the basket from me and held my hands again. I watched the sky grow darker yet as Takashi and I left to head back home. Then, Takashi stopped. I stared at him in confusion and opened my mouth to say something. However, my words never made it out and my lips were taken by Takashi's. My surprised grew into ease as we kissed, my arms finding their way around his neck and his to my waist. He pulled away and rested his forehead on mine, smiling. I laughed at his smile and gave him a quick peck on his cheek before we started walking again. 'It feels like this date went by so fast. I had fun though.' My cheeks heated up a little as I thought that, thankful for the darkening sky to conceal my flushed face. I heard a chuckle and smiled when Takashi ruffled my hair again. All too soon, we reached my house. I turned towards Takashi. "Thank you, I had a lot of fun today Takashi," I mumbled before reaching up to kiss his cheek again. I darted inside before I saw his reaction. I cautiously looked back through the window and saw Takashi smiling at the front door with a faint blush. My own grew and I heard laughter from behind me. I whipped around and found my sister and Aunt trying to hold their laughter in. "You guys are so cute!!" My sister laughed. I hid my head and felt Aunt Nina and Marie hug me. "So how was your date sweetie?" Aunt Nina asked, her laughter now under control. "It, it was fun," I mumbled, "But I'm tired now, so goodnight guys." I escaped their grips and was able to make it back into my room. I got changed and climb back to the top bunk, happy with how today went.