" Shivanya " I say pulling her towards Me.

" Hmm." She asks raising her eyebrow in question.

" The cake was the best cake I have ever had. " I say.

" Try not to lie. " She says smiling.

" I don't lie Shivanya especially to you. You made it so it's the best. " I say kissing her.

" Won't you will give Me my gift. " I ask pointing at the comforter.

She hands Me the gift bag sitting next to Me with utter excitement. I open the first small velvet box which looks like a jewelry box it contains a cufflink. A blue sapphire surrounded by tiny diamonds. I open a few more boxes of gold and silver. Three sets of traditional meenakari buttons.

( The images don't belong to me nor pinterest and are a result of Google search

( The images don't belong to me nor pinterest and are a result of Google search. All rights to the respective stores.)

Fucking beautiful.

" You liked it ? " She asks.

" I liked them , each and every one. " I say , her face shines like a start.

" How did you know about my birthday ? " I ask maybe it's Rishi who told her.

" I asked Dad. " I frown at her choice of word , she calls her father Papa.

" Dad ? " I ask emphasizing.

" I mean your father. " I feel a pang in my chest. If he remembers and even got to the extent of telling her then why can't he just fucking say it to Me.

Not that I want any conversation with him. Or it's so fucking confusing what I want.

I don't say anything , Shivanya realizes the uncomfortable silence. " I'll go and get some water. " She says picking up the empty jug.

" I'll get it. " I take the jug from her and walk out in need of some alone time even if it's almost one at night.

The light of Dad's study is on looking at the ajar door I walk towards it. Holding the door handle I think 'Is it right to walk in. No I should go back it feels like an invasion of privacy. '

" Have some cake after all it's Rudra's Birthday. " Dad voice comes . Madhav might be inside , he definitely won't like it if he sees Me. Not that I care.

" I already had Ranveer. " I pause midway hearing my father's voice.

" This one is different , Shivanya made it. " Dad say.

" Then I don't think I can say no. " He says. Before continuing. " You never back down from singing the praises of her. " He says with a laugh, the laugh I don't even remember when I last heard.

" She made the cake she has tried atleast making on everyone's birthday but some or the other thing went wrong. " Dad Says.

" She never backed down from a challenge so I don't find it hard to believe she made it. And I am not just talking about the cake." My father says.