Chapter 36: Reunion

Start from the beginning

Lin An gently embraced Nian Wenran's waist with his left hand and lifted the suitcase with the other. "That's good then. It saves me from worrying every night when you go home."

However, did Grandfather Nian really trust him so much?

"Why does everyone seem so worried?" Nian Wenran was a bit puzzled. After all, she wasn't getting into a stranger's car.

Lin An looked at Nian Wenran's face and said seriously, "After all, I have such a beautiful girlfriend, and Grandfather Nian has such a lovely granddaughter. It would be strange not to worry."

"I'm only a bit younger than you!" Nian Wenran protested with a pout.

"Okay, little Nian Wenran." Lin An responded amiably, "But there's only one room for you to stay in."

"Really? Didn't the house you rented have many rooms?" Nian Wenran began to doubt if she had misremembered something.

"The others are storage rooms, hard to tidy up." Lin An earnestly deceived Nian Wenran.

"Oh no, what should I do then?" Nian Wenran looked a bit distressed, then a bright idea struck her, "I'll sleep on the floor in the living room!"

Lin An lightly tapped Nian Wenran's head, "Why would I let my girlfriend sleep on the floor? Just kidding, there are plenty of rooms, and I've already cleaned one up for you."

"Why do you always like to tap my head?" Nian Wenran strongly expressed her condemnation of Lin An's behavior!

Well, that's because I like you~

But Lin An didn't say this out loud; after all, he felt like he was acting like a mischievous little boy who likes to tease the girl he fancies.

However, Lin An clearly understood why Grandfather Nian could trust him – they wouldn't be sharing a room.

When the two entered the house, Lu Ruifeng had already arranged the tables and chairs.

"Brother, Nian Nian," Lu Ruifeng greeted and then continued to focus on his meal.

Lin An and Nian Wenran exchanged glances and smiled at each other.

Lu Ruifeng's enthusiasm for eating had not changed a bit.

Lin An brought out the hot pot and set it up, while Lu Ruifeng and Nian Wenran helped carry out plates of vegetables and meat.

Su Nuo and her group also sent a message informing Lin An that they had arrived. Lin An went to the village entrance to pick them up.

When Lin An arrived at the village entrance, he found that everyone had gathered, even Suo Guanshan and Xia Jubai were present. However, the atmosphere between these two was a bit off.

To be precise, everyone's atmosphere seemed a bit awkward. After all, the people in the villa knew that it was Xia Jubai's work that poured dirty water on Lin An.

It must be said that the director's arrangement was to satisfy the audience, but it made the people in the villa feel uncomfortable.

However, everyone maintained a good appearance on the surface.

"Lin An, over here."

Su Nuo waved her hand.

After Lin An walked over, greeted everyone, he led them back to the house.

Along the way, he listened to Su Nuo and Wen Jiusi talking about the interesting things they encountered during their trip, making the journey quite enjoyable.

In the courtyard, Nian Wenran and Lu Ruifeng had already started cooking some dishes over the fire, and when Lin An and the others returned, they were ready to eat.