Chapter 22: Turning Point

Lin An looked at the freshly processed transfer and recalled the decision to lease a mountain for apple cultivation before entering the book. It was truly a wise choice!

It's a pity that the fruits hadn't even ripened yet, and they were already gone. However, these fruits did indeed make more money than growing vegetables. Lin An quietly set a new small goal - to lease another mountain!

Lin An, immersed in the dream of becoming rich and free through fruit cultivation, was quickly brought back to reality by Sister Li.

Today is the time to shoot a magazine cover, Shang Yi, and they had scheduled the entire day for it. Normally, it wouldn't take this long, but Qi Tian was personally overseeing it this time. It was common for things to go overtime when this big shot was involved, and her team had booked the maximum time they could.

Upon meeting, Qi Tian went up to Lin An and said, "You're impressive. You secured the endorsement of 'Jun.' I was originally contemplating which brand of clothes to dress you in, but now it's settled – you have a ready-made sponsor daddy."

Lin An was confused when he heard this. Although curious, he suppressed the desire to inquire and simply nodded along.

Shang Yi spared no expense, using its own funds without hesitation. They rented a small Western-style building built during the Republic era.

The reason this small building was more expensive than others was its historical charm. Simply put, the items inside were all authentic, a kind of weightiness that modern imitated buildings couldn't match. Coupled with the owner's wealth, renting this venue wasn't just a matter of money.

Of course, if you were willing to spend enough money, negotiation was always possible.

"You don't know, this landlord is so evil. Not only did they demand rent, but they also extorted me." Qi Tian complained as she entered the courtyard.

Sister Li asked, "Someone managed to extort you? What did they extort from you?"

"They made me take a family portrait for their entire family and a separate personal photo."

Sister Li blurted out, "What! And you agreed?"

Qi Tian helplessly waved her hand, "I agreed, but this time the rent they asked for was much less. The crucial thing is that as long as I agreed, they allowed me to shoot in any corner of the house, and I could even touch those decorations!"

Sister Li nodded after hearing this: "Great Sage, you hit the jackpot."

Qi Tian retorted, "Shut up, you stinky lychee. I feel like I got the short end of the stick. I wouldn't even be willing to go if someone paid me to take their photos!"

The owner of this small Western-style building had set strict requirements for those renting it for photo shoots, and this was the first time the conditions were so relaxed.

Barring any surprises, this cover shoot should generate a good response.

While the two were chatting, the team finished setting up, and the official shoot began.

Lin An initially thought it would be an easy job, but shooting turned out to be quite uncomfortable. Lin An was a complete novice when it came to modeling, and teaming up with a top-notch photographer created compatibility issues.

Qi Tian wasn't satisfied after shooting for a long time. After more than half an hour and several scene changes, not a single satisfactory photo was taken.

During the break, Sister Li approached to review the photos with everyone. Personally, Sister Li felt that the photos were already outstanding, giving off the vibe of a wealthy young man who had returned from studying abroad in the Republic era.