Chapter 33: Evil People Will Be Punished

Of course, Lin An didn't want to stay in the entertainment industry just because his career was becoming more successful.

His original intention remained unchanged. Therefore, Lin An revealed his intention to retire from the entertainment industry in the arranged talk show that the company had set up for him.

When the program aired, it sparked heated discussions.

Some thought Lin An was putting on a show, some fans couldn't accept the idea of unfollowing, and others appreciated Lin An's honesty and started paying attention to his situation.

During this period, Lin An's fan count fluctuated continuously.

Of course, some people said that Lin An would regret leaving the entertainment industry after being with Nian Wenran.

Lin An was quite speechless when he heard these comments. He repeatedly emphasized that his decision to leave was entirely a personal choice, reducing such comments involving Nian Wenran.

After a short while, Lin An's company identified the person who had tarnished Lin An's reputation.

The instigator turned out to be Xia Jubai. When this information was first discovered, even Sister Li was a bit shocked.

After all, Xia Jubai had a good reputation in the industry, and no one expected her to be involved in such things. However, it wasn't hard to understand; maintaining one's original intention in this world of fame and fortune was indeed a challenging task.

There are no secrets that can't be exposed. The late-stage collaboration plans between Shang Yi and Xia Jubai were thus canceled.

Although Shang Yi did indeed initially discuss collaboration with Xia Jubai's agent, it was just a verbal agreement that hadn't been formalized with a signed contract.

Internal communication within Shang Yi was not timely on the issue of selecting candidates. Therefore, when Qi Tian suddenly found a model and swiftly signed a contract, it indeed caused some headaches for the external affairs department.

Moreover, Qi Tian was willing to personally handle it. Naturally, Shang Yi chose Lin An. After all, before Qi Tian became famous, she wasn't someone who strictly followed the company's arrangements. As her awards increased, her freedom escalated even further.

Although the company had an annual agreement with her for a certain amount of work, she decided who to shoot and what content to produce. Thus, Qi Tian often shot models or amateurs that she liked, stating: "I'll shoot whatever I want, whether you use it or not."

The key was that she occasionally won awards for these photos, attracting many peers willing to pay high prices for her. It could be said that as long as Qi Tian wanted to switch jobs, there were always people waiting for her. So, what could the company do besides holding on to this living ancestor?

Shang Yi didn't sign a contract with Xia Jubai. Even if there was a verbal agreement, choosing someone else in the end wasn't legally a breach of contract.

However, such actions were seen as somewhat unethical and dishonest. After all, Xia Jubai had cleared her schedule and reserved resources for Shang Yi due to this incident.

Therefore, Shang Yi considered giving her the cover of a later month or the endorsement of another women's fashion line.

The endorsement of the women's fashion line by Shang Yi was highly valued. The management team decided to evaluate the sales after Lin An's endorsement before deciding whether to continue with the spokesperson.

As Shang Yi was using a spokesperson for the first time, they didn't aim for someone extremely popular but focused on finding someone whose personality and style aligned with the brand, maintaining its high standards without compromise.