Chapter 13: Salute To You, Captain

"Captain, what kind of turtle is this?"

"I don't know."

"Captain, how does it breathe there?"

"I don't know."

"Captain, do you get tired staying in the sea all the time?"

"I don't... get tired."

"Captain, it..."

"Xiao Nian, why don't you take a rest? I think you must be tired too."

"But I'm not tired, Captain. You're the one who's tired, always moving underwater."

Captain: I'm a bit tired now, Xiao Nian.

"I think you should take a break." For the first time, the captain found the studious little kid not so cute! If possible, he would rather rescue ten more turtles than sit here answering questions.

The captain, unable to answer the questions, lost the joy of being an elder.

Lin An couldn't help but laugh listening to the captain and Nian Wenran's conversation,  earning a glare from the captain.

Lin An suppressed a smile and said to Nian Wenran on the boat: "What the captain said makes sense. Comrade Nian Xiao Wang, go sit down and take a break."

The captain continued to gaze at the sky with his expression of despair. So, he was being laughed at by this little brat.

The captain suddenly couldn't understand human language. Regardless, the captain remained wise and valiant.

Ignoring Lin An's teasing gaze, the captain continued to comfort the uncomfortable little creature nearby.

Lin An looked at the massive sea turtle and, recalling the smooth sensation when he was pulling the rope earlier, curiously asked the captain, "Captain, this little guy is so big, but I felt quite relaxed when I was pulling just now."

Upon hearing this question, the captain immediately became spirited. "Let me tell you, this sea turtle is quite clever. The second time I went underwater, I kept waving in front of its eyes, and then suddenly it stopped struggling. I took the opportunity to tie the rope and gave it a push. Guess what happened."

"It kicked you?"

"I would say it was close." The captain continued, "Then, this little guy started swimming on its own."

"I thought I had gotten stronger." Lin An said with a hint of regret.

"You flatter yourself!" The captain gently touched the turtle's shell. "Mainly, this little guy is clever and smart."

Lin An nodded, "Yes, luckily its eyes weren't completely entangled in the fishing net, and it can still see a bit. Otherwise... it would have been fortunate amidst misfortune."

As they chatted on and off, the rescue team finally arrived.

They conducted a brief examination of the turtle. This turtle was rescued in time; judging from its wounds, it wasn't too severe. Generally, after releasing it from the fishing net, it could be returned directly to the sea.

However, it appeared to be in pain. The rescue team speculated that the turtle might have ingested marine debris such as plastic bags.

Many turtles mistakenly ingest plastic bags as food, causing difficulty in movement and reproduction. In severe cases, it leads to the loss of life. Every year, many turtles die because they don't receive timely assistance.

The rescue team indicated that they needed to take the turtle back for further examination to provide better treatment.

Using equipment, the rescue team hoisted the life raft onto their boat, moved the turtle onto it, and prepared to take it away.