Chapter 34: Busy, Busy, Busy!

During a break, Lin An messaged Nian Wenran about the director's plan to continue shooting a variety show with them.

Lin An initially agreed, thinking about Nian Wenran's suggestion to use live broadcasts for self-promotion after his retirement in the entertainment industry. 

So, when the director presented the concept for the new show, Lin An found it fitting and agreed.

Nian Wenran: I know, the director contacted me earlier.

Only after seeing Nian Wenran's message did Lin An realize that he had unilaterally agreed without consulting her first. Feeling remorseful, he apologized.

Lin An: I'm sorry, Nian Nian. I agreed with the director without discussing it with you first.

Nian Wenran: It's okay; it's a good thing. I've mentioned before that we could use live broadcasts for promotion. Many fans who love us are also concerned about our future. It's an opportunity to reunite with friends from the villa—a win-win situation.

Though Nian Wenran didn't like handling the management side of the company, she had learned some basics. 

In this era of information bombardment, the old saying "good wine needs no bush" is no longer quite applicable. While excellent products naturally attract customers, if you fail to establish a reputation, your business may close down before you even have returning customers.

Some excellent domestic brands are on the verge of bankruptcy or have already gone bankrupt because they cannot promote themselves.

Seeing Nian Wenran's message, Lin An disagree somewhat.

Lin An: I don't know if it's a win-win situation, but participating in the show will inevitably attract criticism. I'm afraid you'll be upset.

Nian Wenran: I won't. I'm used to it. Besides, the benefits outweigh the drawbacks for you, so feel free to participate.

Seeing Nian Wenran's considerate thoughts for others, Lin An felt genuinely moved, but amidst the sentiment was also a sense of pity.

Lin An: But I don't want you to be unhappy. You are my top priority.

On the other end, Nian Wenran was momentarily stunned by Lin An's words, followed by a sweet feeling flooding her heart.

Nian Wenran was accustomed to not being the first in others' hearts most of the time. However, she enjoyed the feeling of being valued, of being someone's top priority.

Thinking about this, Nian Wenran sent a voice message to Lin An: "I won't be unhappy. As long as I'm with you, everything is joyful."

Hearing Nian Wenran's cheerful tone, Lin An finally relaxed a bit, silently vowing to consider things more comprehensively and thoroughly in the future.

We can't afford to be an afterthought like today anymore.

After finishing the conversation with Nian Wenran, Lin An still pondered over the recent events.

 In fact, at that moment, Lin An wanted to say: "If you are not happy, then the efforts I've made recently may not have such great value."

However, Lin An chose not to say it to avoid putting pressure on Nian Wenran. Although Lin An is often called a straight guy, he is genuinely concerned about Nian Wenran.

It is because of Nian Wenran that Lin An didn't quit the entertainment industry when he earned ten million. 

 If Lin An did not fall in love with Nian Wenran, or if the girl he fell in love with had an ordinary background like his, he wouldn't have worked so hard.