Chapter 1: Transmigrated, Out Of Money

In the heavy rain.

Lin An, braving the heavy rain, patrolled the mountain he had recently taken over. By the time he returned home, it was already deep into the night.

However, as a young man, Lin An felt he could endure for another two hours. So, he opened the novel link that his classmate had shared with him, claiming that there was a supporting character with the same name as him.

With a curious mind, Lin An started reading the romantic novel that he had never bothered to open before.

Then, he was successfully pissed off...

Damn!

The supporting character with the same name as him in the novel made Lin An want to rush in and give him a couple of punches. How could there be such a wimpy and cowardly man in this world?

He was cursing when he suddenly heard a very dull crashing sound.

Not good, it's a mudslide!

Lin An quickly grabbed a megaphone and ran outside, loudly informing the villagers to hurry towards the long-abandoned ancestral hall.

That was the village's highest, flattest, and most solid ground.

As the notification reached the last household to turn back, Lin An, with sharp eyes, noticed that Granny Lin was lagging far behind the group.

With determination, Lin An ran over and lifted Granny Lin onto his back.

"An, my child, put me down quickly. Carrying me, you won't be able to run with anyone else. An old woman like me doesn't have many years left anyway," Granny Lin anxiously said after being suddenly lifted.

Breathing heavily, Lin An reassured her, "Granny, don't worry, it won't happen."

No matter how Granny Lin tried to persuade him, Lin An remained silent, steadily carrying Granny Lin up.

He brought Granny Lin to the ancestral hall, where the people who had climbed up earlier reached out to pull her up.

At this moment, Lin An's tense spirit relaxed.

It was precisely in this brief moment of relaxation that Lin An missed a step, and he fell heavily backward. Soil and stones covered his body, and he seemed to see Granny Lin crying.

Granny, don't be sad. Lin An is fortunate to have you taking care of him in this lifetime.

When Lin An woke up, he felt a splitting headache and a tumultuous churning in his stomach, extremely uncomfortable.

If he remembered correctly, he was buried by a mudslide. In theory, there was a 99% chance he wouldn't have survived. Even if he were rescued, he shouldn't be devoid of pain like this. And these symptoms felt more like going to the hospital after drinking too much alcohol.

It doesn't seem to be a very serious problem.

Just as Lin An was thankful for his good fortune, the door to the hospital room was forcefully pushed open, and an irate woman stormed in.

"Lin An, are you capable? Don't you think your black materials are enough, rushing to boost the paparazzi KPI even before the end of the year!"

Looking at this woman who came in and scolded him from the get-go, Lin An was utterly bewildered.

He didn't know her.

For some reason, the woman on the other side seemed to have lost some of her anger, her tone softening, "The company has spent a lot of resources on you, and it can be said that basically all of it is a loss. You were lucky to receive an offer for this dating variety show, it's your only chance. Even if you don't care, at least think about Director Li. Moreover, I'll make sure to communicate with the director to give you a good persona. Don't be so resistant to it."