Chapter 17: Picking Up Comrade Xiao Wang After Class

Lin An saw Nian Wenran's busy and concerned inquiry and asked, "What's wrong?"

Nian Wenran instinctively covered her phone and said, "It's nothing, it's nothing."

Although Lin An was somewhat suspicious, Nian Wenran didn't say anything, and Lin An would ask later.

While Lin An continued cooking, Nian Wenran lowered her head to check the messages on her phone again, confirming that she wasn't mistaken.

Grandfather is going to attend tomorrow night's charity gala!

If it were just that, Nian Wenran wouldn't be nervous. The main thing is that Grandpa also said he wants to personally meet Lin An.

Nian Wenran felt that Grandpa must know something.

With her thoughts weighing on her mind, Nian Wenran was absent-minded while eating, afraid that Grandpa would say something strange again.

"Comrade Nian Xiao Wang, is the food I made not delicious?" Lin An heard Nian Wenran sighing while eating and couldn't help but ask.

"Ah, no, it's nothing. I'm just thinking about something."

"Okay, but for now, the most important thing is for you to eat your meal in peace and then rest well."

"Alright, I know."

Lin An was indeed a bit tired today; he felt that attending a gala was more exhausting than picking up trash on a small island. Just thinking about another charity gala tomorrow, he just wanted to quickly go to bed and rest.

When Nian Wenran finished eating, Lin An quickly cleaned up the kitchen, completed the tasks for the day, and immediately turned off the lights to rest.

Early the next morning, Lin An arrived at the terrace he had been longing for, carefully inspecting all the plants he had infused with abilities. After confirming that everything was fine, he began writing his observation log.

After breakfast, Lin An went for a walk. Despite the uniqueness of the villa area, the environment was indeed excellent.

But Lin An hadn't walked far when a middle-aged woman called him out, "Young man, young man, the one in the gray hoodie, wait!"

Lin An looked at the approaching woman in confusion, "Auntie, what's wrong?"

The well-dressed woman didn't answer Lin An's question but asked, "I just saw you coming out of the villa A07. I would like to ask you if those celebrities are back?"

"Yes, they are all back."

Lin An was surprised: Lin An is right in front of you.

"Do you have something to find him for?"

The aunt felt a bit regretful when she mentioned it, "Well, you see, the small vegetable garden in that villa grows some fruits so well, and the fragrance is so tempting that it makes people salivate. I was thinking of buying some from them a few days ago. They said it's planted by a young man surnamed Lin, so I need to find him."

After hearing the aunt's story, Lin An still found it a bit absurd, "You can smell it from so far away?"

"Oh, you don't know. When I first smelled it, the fragrance was so strong. It has only faded in the past few days. It was a pity that I couldn't buy it that day, missing the best opportunity."

"I should be that young man surnamed Lin you're talking about."

When Lin An said this, the aunt on the opposite side looked at him suspiciously, "Young man, don't lie, okay?"