Chapter 34: Busy, Busy, Busy!

Start from the beginning

Fundamentally, he is a person who is content with a little wealth and lacks great ambition. Otherwise, in his previous life, even with supernatural abilities, he wouldn't have remained a small business owner.

Initially, he had many opportunities to expand his business, but Lin An gave up, largely because he didn't want to tire himself out.

The biggest change in his life is meeting Nian Wenran and falling in love with her. Lin An visited Nian Wenran's home, understood her living standards, and became even more aware of the gap in their family backgrounds.

He didn't want Nian Wenran to worry about or be subject to others' opinions due to these external factors. Moreover, he didn't want her living standards to decline after marriage.

He knew Nian Wenran didn't care about these things, but if he had the ability to prevent them, why not do it?

Lin An couldn't claim that his career could reach the same scale as Grandfather Nian's, but he was confident in achieving true financial freedom in this big city.

So, Lin An chose to stay in the entertainment industry to earn more money and expand his business.

Apart from his career, Lin An was also curious about how Nian Wenran developed such a considerate personality.

In the time Lin An spent getting to know Nian Wenran, he roughly understood her temperament—a gentle and kind-hearted person, introverted yet fond of acting coquettishly, , although she rarely showed it and sometimes seemed lacking in security.

Actually, Lin An was curious about Nian Wenran's family. In Lin An's one-sided view, he always thought that children from wealthy families are generally very confident.

After all, money provides a person with great confidence and self-assurance. At least, that's what Lin An thought, based on his encounters with wealthy families' children who were mostly very self-assured.

Lin An was genuinely curious about Nian Wenran's past, but he wouldn't be reckless enough to ask directly. He could only try to inquire more from Grandfather Nian or observe more.

Of course, it would be best if Nian Wenran could tell him directly.

After going through these recent thoughts in his mind, Lin An realized that many of these issues couldn't be immediately resolved.

Lin An didn't trouble himself, for now, he put these problems behind his mind for the time being.

The most important thing now is to quickly memorize the lines because Lin An saw the director getting angry on the set.

Don't want to be scolded, work hard, earn some money to support his wife!

This period in the entertainment industry is probably the busiest time in Lin An's life.

Because he firmly intends to retire from the industry, the company has arranged a lot of work for Lin An. If Lin An hadn't firmly stated that he wouldn't accept commercial performances casually, he would probably have collapsed from exhaustion.

But now, Lin An is not far from collapsing. Non-stop, day and night, experiences things he has never experienced before, such as napping on the plane.

The good thing is that the number in his bank account has long exceeded ten million and is still growing.

Filming, quarterly endorsements, participating in various large and small events and programs, and those commercial performances that he has to attend because they are paying too much – the company's top executives have maximized Lin An's commercial value without wasting any.

Lin An initially thought he would have a few days of rest each month, only to realize that he was too naive. Looking at his schedule for the entire year, he wishes he could faint.

Time goes on, and Lin An finally finishes most of his work. The free time is waiting to shoot the variety show Love in Progress.

When Lin An first saw the name, he joked with the director, asking if they would have to film Love After Marriage if they got married in the future.

Seeing the director's eager expression, Lin An immediately distanced himself from the director. He really needs a comfortable life; let capable people handle the entertainment industry.

At least Lin An really can't stand this kind of fatigue.

Doing a job you don't like and enduring hardships requires ten times the determination of others.

Like when Lin An used to farm, he could get up at five in the morning, carrying a notebook and hoeing the field to record the growth of vegetables or loosen the soil and weed.

But Lin An in the entertainment industry: It's impossible to get up early, the bed is a magnet, and he just wants to be tightly locked in with the bed.

In the entertainment industry, Lin An seizes every opportunity to slack off. Lin An feels that he can write a book called 108 Small Techniques for Slacking Off after he graduates from the entertainment industry.

The recording time for the program was determined long ago. Lin An can finally end this occasional long-distance relationship with Nian Wenran.

Thinking that he can soon be close to Nian Wenran, holding, kissing, and raising the corners of his mouth uncontrollably, Lin An is in a cheerful mood while packing his luggage.

Sister Li looked on with sore teeth and couldn't help but make a few sarcastic remarks: "The corners of your mouth are almost reaching your temples. Your expression management skills are wasted."

"Hey, Sister Li, you don't have a partner, so you wouldn't understand the excitement of soon meeting your dear wife."

Lin An replied with joy, completely unaware that his words had deeply wounded Sister Li.

Sister Li, hurt by Lin An's words, instantly felt that this day was ruined. Being pressured to get married at home was already enough, and now she had to endure the sarcasm from her artist. Life was too difficult.

"Hey, still talking about a wife? You haven't even proposed, and you dare to call her that. Aren't you afraid your old man will give you a crutch?" Sister Li retaliated with a sly remark.

Ouch, that hit hard. The old man is conservative, and naturally, he wouldn't allow Lin An and Nian Wenran to address each other as husband and wife without a marriage certificate. 

Of course, Nian Wenran wouldn't call him that. It was mainly Lin An quietly calling her that.

"I quietly call her that and he doesn't know, hehe."

Sister Li really couldn't bear to see Lin An's whole body exuding the sour smell of love, so she promptly drove him to his little farmhouse and left in a hurry.

Months ago, Lin An had already rented a small house from a villager as a temporary residence. It was fully equipped with everything needed for a comfortable stay.

Lin An cleaned it up again and waited for Nian Wenran to come over.

Nian Wenran would stay for a while during the program recording, but she would still go home in the evening.

This is the old man's request, after all. Programs like this one, with a bunch of people staying together, were not suitable.

Fortunately, Nian Wenran was on vacation during this period. Although this place was not far from Nian Wenran's home by car, Lin An was still very distressed.

Lin An didn't plan to record the show at this location all the time.