Chapter 33: Evil People Will Be Punished

Start from the beginning

Lin An was recommended not only for his outstanding appearance but also by Qi Tian. After all, Qi Tian herself was a symbol of taste and style.

Shang Yi relied heavily on the female market, so the requirements for the spokesperson of the women's fashion line were even stricter. However, Xia Jubai's overall conditions were very suitable, and having declined once, she was likely to secure the endorsement.

However, with Xia Jubai's recent actions, she ended up being blacklisted by "Shang Yi."

Even though her initial intention was to tarnish Lin An's image, the development of events took an unexpected turn.

Lin An had a good reputation among people, so when Xia Jubai's vague accusations surfaced, nobody associated the person allegedly seizing resources with Lin An.

Initially, netizens thought that due to Shang Yi wanting to go big, they decided to give the cover to someone more popular. Netizens criticized Shang Yi for not adhering to contractual spirit.

Xia Jubai's revelation was cunning; she didn't directly name anyone but, with a little investigation, it was easy to associate her accusations with Lin An.

However, Qi Tian's clarification came quickly. Before the matter could escalate, Shang Yi collaborated with Qi Tian to explain the situation thoroughly.

However, Shang Yi did not specify who they had pigeonholed, giving Xia Jubai some face as a form of compensation.

Still, this compensation was a far cry from what they initially intended to give.

The person in charge of handling this matter at Shang Yi was broad-minded and didn't say much, but some employees still complained about it to their colleagues.

Some mischief-makers intentionally leaked the inside story to Xia Jubai, and her reaction remained unknown. Regardless, it was sure to be uncomfortable for her.

Some netizens speculated that Xia Jubai was behind the incident, considering Shang Yi didn't name anyone directly.

However, without concrete evidence, these speculations had a minimal impact on Xia Jubai's reputation compared to the significant negative impact within the industry.

Lin An, after briefly understanding the final handling of the matter, didn't dwell on it.

Xia Jubai also sent messages to him wanting to discuss things, but Lin An ignored her.

He never wanted much contact with Xia Jubai. Moreover, since the plot had deviated significantly from the original book, Lin An didn't want any unnecessary contact with her. If they communicated too much, who knew if the plot would veer back onto the right track?

Lin An was now mainly occupied with filming, meeting schedules, and making some extra money.

Because of this reason, Lin An had much less contact with his friends from Love in the Summer. Everyone had their own jobs and lives in real life, so naturally, they didn't communicate as much.

However, reduced contact didn't mean strained relationships. They had agreed to meet up when everyone had some free time.

But plans cannot keep up with changes.

Su Nuo and Wen Jiuxi had run off for a trip, searching for message bottles while live streaming interesting moments during their journey with fans.

This excited the CP fans. After all, Love in the Summer in China always had a scripted narrative, and no one expected a genuine connection to form.

Even though the director and the guests emphasized that this time had no script, not many viewers believed it. The crucial point was that many thought celebrities might just be playing around, believing that they wouldn't genuinely date an ordinary participant.