Chapter 9: Mother of Insidiousness

Inside Sun's dream

Before Sun could process what was going on, she found herself in a spider's web, formed of ash-like string. She was still paralyzed, and this was the worst possible moment she could be. She could only fearfully stare down the monstrous spider-avatar that Ultra Violet took the form of as it crawled towards her, each leg carefully moving across its web.

"You're just a nuisance! This was all a big waste of time. It was obvious that I would get you eventually, but you just LOVE to drag it out, didn't you?" Ultra Violet taunted to her helpless prey. "I used to take no pleasure in having to kill you to escape your cage of a body, but now... Well, things have changed. In fact, I believe you've actually helped me! I've regained my full power from leeching off of your body, and now I have the magic to call the goddess to Equestria-"

"Calling her won't be necessary." Luna spoke from an unknown direction.

["The Heavies (2nd Climax Version)" from Bayonetta 2]

Both the horned ponies gasped upon seeing her as she hovered in the air - Sun, gasping in relief, and Ultra Violet, in surprise. Comically, Luna gasped too, upon seeing the situation Sun and Ultra Violet were in.

"Stop this madness!" the alicorn shouted demandingly. 

Ignoring her creatress' orders (and different appearance), Ultra Violet smirked, brimming with confidence, and mostly-hidden childlike excitement. This was her chance to impress her "mother" after being separated from her for hundreds of moons. 

"Look, my mistress! Despite my disgraceful setback, I shall correct my mistake by severing this pony's heart, and returning to the real world to carry out your aspiration!" she proclaimed to the distant alicorn, noticeably rising in her level of vocabulary, as if she thought it would impress her mistress. As the beast began to raise one of its blade-like pincers, the hearts of Luna and Sun sank deep.

"I COMMAND YOU! DO NOT END HER LIFE!" Luna barked. She wanted to stop her, but the last thing she wanted was to have to injure her own "child". So, she tried desperately to pleaded with Ultra Violet to stop... but she couldn't hear her over her own thoughts of excitement. Just as she was about to strike the paralyzed unicorn... everything began to move again. The debris of the train dropped to the ground, and luckily for our protagonist, one giant chunk of the train flew right into the spider-beast, sending it flying off of its web onto the ground below them.

Back in the real world

"There! Fixed it!" Twilight said, after casting a spell on Sun to heal her paralysis. "Let's not try this again..."

Back in the dream world

Luna flew out of the dream with Sun on her back, leaving Ultra Violet behind in the crumbling dream, which fell apart due to not having Sun being in it anymore. The two were now in Luna's realm in which she saw everyone's dreams.

Luna explained, "We should be free of her, now that we are outside of your dream--"

"WE AREN'T." Sun calmly exclaimed as her eyes widened, noticing a black orb that began to form behind them, replacing the orb that represented Sun's dream. 

"This is nothing I could not predict. She is attached to your psyche, so it makes sense that she can appear anywhere that you can in this world that is formed from your own mind." Luna gleaned.

"Can we just start running, please?" Sun snarked.

"I will, but we must think of a way to confront her. It seems she simply refuses to listen to reason."