Chapter 14: Le Spectacle de Magie du Double Soleil

A complete break in universal logic that utterly baffled everyone who saw it. That was, and still is, the best way to describe what befell Twilight and Sun one night. No one knows what really happened, and nothing really became of it. What happened, you ask? Well, some kind of malfunction in space-time caused some kind of pony to cross timelines into Sun's, and it only gets weirder from there.

It was a stormy night in Ponyville, where the moonlight could barely glow past the rainclouds, which beat the town with heavy rain. No one would like to be out at a time like this, right? Well, "no one", except for Twilight Sparkle. You see, the reason why is that she witnessed something quite bizarre: a portal of misty violet miasma in the sky.  Reasonably concerned, Twilight walked towards it cautiously, examining it as she tried to figure out if it was simply some kind of spell.

"Who would summon this into the middle of Ponyville, and at this time of night?" she wondered out loud.

Without any kind of warning, a silhouette dropped from the blinding white of the portal's vortex, and landed in a graceful pose onto the ground right next to the alicorn. They appeared to be a unicorn with quite the intricate outfit. They wore a bird-like mask that covered just their eyes, a top hat with vibrant multi-colored stripes, and what appeared to be a magician's suit, with a cape wrapped around their neck that oddly seemed to be made out of a shadowy mist. Her entire outfit had a consistent theme of dark purple coloring that purposefully clashed with the pony's golden yellow mane, complimented by her dark purple mane... Hey, wait a second...

As soon as the pony saw Twilight, their eyes widened, as if in surprise. "You've got to be kidding me..." they whispered with a feminine voice, with a clear tone of irritation.

"Who are you?" Twilight asked, burying her suspicions as to who this pony is deep in the back of her mind.

"What? Are you serious?" they said back, barely in reply. They began to tug on their cape, and whispered almost into it, "We must be in another timeline."

"If she doesn't recognize you, you have to be right." the "cape" sighed in response.

Although confused, Twilight's interest was piqued. At the same time, she finally put two and two together. A yellow and purple-colored pony with a shadowy companion and a stilted way of speaking - A rather simple description, but one that could only belong to one single pony: Innocent Sun. Twilight prepared to ask for her name, but it seemed this pony was way ahead of her.

"I am Clair de Lune!" the mare suddenly introduced herself, as if trying to stomp any suspicions. It didn't work, but Twilight decided to just pretend it did to see where this could go. 

"Nice to... meet you. Uh, would you maybe mind telling me why you appeared from a portal in the sky?" she asked, trying her best to be cordial, while still trying to get an answer. 

But silence was the only response she was met with at first.

"I... Good question." Clair de Lune replied with a wide-mouthed poker face, which quickly turned into a smirk as she spoke again. "But I think we both know I'm not from this world. All I know is that I'm here to meet somepony here. Though, you'd better not be around for it, princess, because... Well, it's not gonna be a picnic."

Just Twilight let her guard down a little at the revelation that this was some kind of alternate timeline-Innocent Sun, she was now right back to being concerned, and perhaps even twice as lost. This "Clair de Lune" pony knew who Twilight was, even though she was from another timeline. Just who is she?

"I'm a great and powerful magician from where I come from. Me and my partner here are stars in the world of magic, and while I don't expect you to roll out the red carpet, just know I'm a big deal." Clair elaborated.