Chapter 2: Soft Interrogation

Innocent Sun found herself in an empty city. She didn't know why, but she was running from something, and she needed to run as fast as she could. The skies became grey, with a dense fog descending on the barren city. Tears welling up in her eyes, she was barely able to make it to her dark apartment room before completely breaking down. 

But just as she locked the door, she noticed something terrifying. Outside of the window, a massive, shadowy figure, ridden with eyes that searched for her, stood.

 Outside of the window, a massive, shadowy figure, ridden with eyes that searched for her, stood

Petrified, she couldn't move. All she could do was hyperventilate. Turning around, her blood ran cold with yet another horrible sight, this time a familiar one: Ultra Violet. The bicorn's smirk was gone, and all that was there was on her face was anger. Glaring into Sun, dark fumes seeped from the floorboards, and drifted towards her, almost as if they were alive. 

Then, her shadow left her, fading into nothingness. She heard a faint, low laughter as her body seemed to be consumed by the fumes. Color began to drain from her, starting from the lower part of her body, and quickly making its way up to her face. That's when Sun finally saw the malicious smirk she was used to seeing from Ultra Violet finally return to her face.

A grassy field just outside Ponyville

"It was just a dream. It was just a dream..." Sun thought to herself, shuddering at the thought of her nightmare.

It was the next day. All seemed to be normal... and it was. Sun finally got to have a taste of the mundanity of Ponyville that she was promised would have. She rested herself upon a grassy hill on the town's outskirts before taking out her notebook and carefully grabbing a mechanical pencil from the collection she held in her tail's fluff. 

She gazed off into the distance, and felt a bit of ecstasy at how perfect her day was going. Peace, quiet, clear skies, and a sense of optimism for the future. The simpleness gave her an odd feeling... Was it nostalgia? It kind of felt like it, but she wasn't sure. She decided not to think too hard about it, as it might ruin the moment. Besides... Pinkie Pie was here to do that for her.

("Affinity Love Club" from Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers)

"Do you mind?" Sun sighed, her eyes lidded in frustration. Despite what Pinkie hoped, it was incredibly obvious that she was standing right behind the unicorn. 

"No, I don't mind at all." Pinkie replied with her usual wide grin. Irritated, Sun tried to ignore her, hoping that simply turning away from the earth pony would make the unicorn forget about her. But there was no escape from the pink party pony, much to Sun's horror. She couldn't help but think about the pony who was quite literally right behind her.

"So," she sighed, "is there a reason you're here?" 

"Oh, no reason. Just enjoying the sunshine... What're you doing?" Pinkie replied, clearly not being honest with our unicorn protagonist.