𝗖𝗵𝗽𝘁.𝟯𝟱-𝗦𝗮𝗳𝗲

A sinister smile formed on his lips as he sat on his throne. The King of Busan let out a devilish laugh.

The moment he has been waiting for after killing King Jungwook has arrived. He has always wished he could torture his entire family the same way, yet he had that one regret of not being able to do so.

But he was about to take over Busan and rule with an iron fist.

For a long time, he was not aware of Jeongguk's existence, he was obviously a threat to his power, but looking at him right now, completely under his mercy with no power in his hands, was giving him a sense of satisfaction.

He was not the one to be overshadowed by anyone.

There were suspicious happenings in Daegu, so he planted his spies in the royal palace, devised a plan, and was able to get information about Jiwon and Jeongguk's existence.

"Welcome Jeongguk. It seems you are alive after all, but somehow managed to fall into my trap anyway," he greets with a sly grin.

Jeongguk was on the sandy land downstairs, under the burning sun, without any kind of source offered to him to keep him hydrated.

The palace stage room was filled with the royal people, ministers, and even the crown prince Jiren, who simply smirked. Chief Commander Jang was present too. There was a troop of soldiers present in different corners of the giant royal palace.

Jang was given the authority position, but he only enjoyed his rights and privileges to torture Choi Wooshik, who demanded his service to Hyongsik after his takeover. Choi Wooshik was in charge of training the soldiers.

So, he was present, watching Jeongguk with sad eyes too.

Jeongguk glares at the king, his eyes red with anger and defiance. Yet he keeps calm. The king chuckles, looking at him.

He is amused by his behaviour, for a true blood, he surely had a lot of control over himself.

Normally, other true blood alphas will not bear to be shackled like that, tolerating other wolves attempting to demand submission from them.

"I am not surprised, you surely look a lot like your father. Same brave eyes, strong, but surely you are a bit stupid like him. Also, I would like to remind you that you are not leaving this place alive, do not misunderstand me being easy on you." He snares.

"It takes a lot of courage to mate with someone who I am supposed to own." Jiren is seething with anger upon sensing the scent on Jeongguk that was so sweet that it belonged to Taehyung, he practically reeked of it, and Jiren was going mad.

"My Omega was never yours to own. We belong to each other, about the scent, it might hurt your tiny heart and thing, but I keep him completely satisfied, and he hates you." Jeongguk smirks, standing tall with unwavering determination to piss that stupid ass alpha off. He was just waiting for the moment to shred him to pieces.

Jiren fritters his teeth in anger, being provoked dangerously. "If you think I will let this, go down without making sure you experience hell, you're wrong," he growls.

Jeongguk could not give a fuck about what he had to say. All he could see were these people breathing in their last moments. He had to fight back for his father's honour and bring back what belonged to him.

King Hyongsik looks amused by his persistence and bravery to talk back like that when it would not take him a second to finish him off. He was one, and they were in lakhs.

"Save it for later, Jiren. I have something good prepared for this little guy here." He smirks and motions for his soldiers to surround Jeongguk.

"What is all of this about?" Jeongguk looked around, his shackles were removed, and his skin was wounded.