𝗖𝗵𝗽𝘁.8-𝗛𝗶𝘀 𝗥𝗲𝗱 𝗘𝘆𝗲𝘀

"Missed the train?" He heard his taunting voice.

He turned around to see Jeongguk sitting on a bench with his bag beside him and a bar of chocolate in his hand that he was munching on.

"What happened? The train did not wait for the great Prince of Daegu. What a stupid, weird vehicle?! It should have waited for your command! These useless things are made the wrong way. They stop on time and go on time." The CEO's taunting did not stop, he kept talking dramatically, gasping, shaking his head, rolling his eyes, and faked a pout.

Taehyung was irritated now. He was relieved to see him before, but now he is frustrated. He is acting as if it were all his fault.

"Listen! Now, do not tell me that you left the train on purpose for me." The prince angrily stomped towards him.

"Oh! I was about to say that, but you did it already. Anyway. Jeongguk scoffed and continued to enjoy his chocolate.

He was done with eating the bar, and he threw the wrapper in the dustbin near the bench, grabbed a water bottle from the prince's hand, and gulped some down his throat.

Then he sat down on the bench again, gesturing for the prince to do the same. The prince pouted and waddled there, sitting down on the bench beside the bag, glaring at that bunny-faced man.

"Who told you to get off the train?" Jeongguk asked, unusually calm.

"No one. I was feeling thirsty, and I wanted to have some water, but the bottles were empty, so the latter part of the story was known to everyone, that is how they are in the current circumstances.

"Then you could have asked me, I would have got it for you, right?" Jeongguk stated the obvious.

"But you were sleeping, and I did not want to trouble you for something so silly that I was capable of doing on my own." Taehyung pouted, looking at the CEO, who felt his heart flutter.

"W-well anyways, but you know one thing: I want to advise you that-you should go back to Daegu, this mate thing and all. It's just-I mean, a man must be living his life in France right now, and here you are troubling your father."

"If you can't help, then shut up, but don't talk rubbish if you know nothing!" The prince sternly shouted at him, annoyed by how the other kept talking nonsense and denied understanding him. He was so done with him.

"I don't need anything from you, I can manage my way on my own!" He shouted, about to leave, but was held back by Jeongguk.

"Hey, I am sorry—I am sorry, okay?" He sighed, trying to hold the prince still, who was squirming in his hold.

"Listen...I just don't feel good seeing you helpless and alone here in this dark world. a prince looks the best when he is cheerful in his palace with his people happy with his people I did not intend to make you feel angry or bad. I apologize, I am sorry, yeah?" He cupped the prince's face, ignoring his heart, which was beating at a very fast pace.

Hearing his gentle voice and seeing the worry in his eyes for him, the prince could not help but let those tears out that he was holding in. He started to sob and cry but felt comfortable in the CEO's warm embrace. He then realized that the other was comforting him with his hug.

"Sometimes you need to sacrifice your peace to go with whatever is written in your destiny... Jeongguk ssi. I am not doing this to trouble my family, I do not find joy in it, but I am compelled to do so, he said in between his hiccups.

Jeongguk caressed his back while listening to him, but frowned when he thought that there was something the prince was trying to tell him.

"If I don't find my mate, Appa will get me married to the Prince of Busan. He is not that good of a person. I have heard he is an egoistic man, and his father is the most dangerous person ever. He tortures the subjects of his kingdom, and his work has also affected the human community that lives on the north side of the country." He continued, but his words shocked Jeongguk completely.