Chapter 18: Meeting The Family?!

Start from the beginning

Lin An replied, "Yes, I am. Hello, sir."

"Young man, are you interested in marrying into a wealthy family?"

Grandpa Nian chuckled and dropped a shocking bomb.

???

Lin An suspected he had misheard.

"Grandpa! What are you talking about?" Nian Wenran walked forward, hands on hips, attempting to stop her grandfather.

"Oh, how am I just talking nonsense?" Grandpa Nian gestured for Nian Wenran to stand aside and continued, "I know Nian Nian likes... um..."

Before Grandpa Nian could finish his sentence, Nian Wenran covered his mouth.

The two exchanged incomprehensible glances that Lin An couldn't understand, and eventually, Grandpa Nian helplessly glared at Nian Wenran.

Then he started communicating with Lin An as if nothing had happened.

It was only then that Lin An learned that Nian Wenran's family started with skincare products under the name Nian Jun. Nian Jun had grown to become one of the largest skincare companies in the country.

However, due to various reasons, Nian Jun's business performance has not been good in the past two years. Consumers tend to prefer foreign high-end skincare brands, and the pricing of mid-range skincare products cannot be too high, or else a significant market would be lost.

In addition, Nian Jun is a family business, and in recent years, internal conflicts have been severe. The technology is somewhat lacking, and the design is quite outdated.

Although Nianjun, who is frugal in all aspects, has always been generous with raw materials but poor marketing has led this conscientious skincare brand to decline.

The old man urgently wants a sharp, capable heir. However, Nian Wenran is not interested in business, and entrusting other younger family members could lead to trouble.

Various reasons have kept the almost seventy-year-old old man from retiring. It's widely known that the old man desires a son-in-law.

Actually, finding someone capable of managing the business is simple. But finding someone whom Nian Wenran also likes complicates the condition.

With such a cherished granddaughter, how could the old man be willing to marry her? He dares not even mention the idea, for fear of being like her mother, a stubborn donkey.

They didn't stay in the private room for long, the two were taken out by the old man for a stroll. He justified it as letting these two juniors see the world.

As Lin An looked at the business cards he received along the way, there was a moment of bewilderment. If he were here alone, not only would he struggle to get business cards, but even striking up a conversation would be considered pretty good.

Especially with Grandpa Nian's introduction, he met several big directors and many famous seniors in the entertainment industry.

For some young people and those in need of connections, today's charity gala is a great opportunity. But for the big shots, the highlight is the auction.

However, for a poor man like Lin An, neither making connections nor auctioning had much to do with him. These seniors are not fools. They will make friends with anyone Grandpa Nian brings over.

In any case, Lin An is just here to be part of the scene. If he can make connections, that's great, but if not, he won't deliberately seek favor.

Even as a bystander, Grandpa Nian's generosity still surprised Lin An. Some things Nian Wenran casually commented something that looked good, and Grandpa Nian didn't hesitate to bid. The total amount was close to twenty million.