Chapter 16: Angry Nian Xiao Wang

Start from the beginning

"Mr. Lin, how did you join this variety show amid all the scandals?"

"Guess" was almost blurted out, but fortunately Lin An managed to control himself, or else he would definitely get an earful from Sister Li later.

"Mainly because of good luck," Lin An replied confidently.

"Is the good luck you mentioned the same as the online rumors, suggesting that a hidden sponsor is behind you?"

Lin An glanced at the reporter, thinking, What a sinister man, just throw him out.

Maintaining a fake smile, Lin An silently criticized the absurdity of the question and continued, "Of course not. These are all rumors. Our legal department has already sent legal letters to these rumor mongers, planning to sue them for defamation."

Moreover, even if there were a sponsor, could Lin An tell you? Anyone with a sponsor wouldn't be dragged down so miserably by scandals.

Unable to extract any more information from Lin An, the reporters turned to Nian Wenran. Of course, they didn't get much from her either. Despite being a newcomer, she carried herself with ease.

Seeing the next group of guests approaching, the reporters dispersed and swarmed towards Lu Ruifeng.

After all, Lu Ruifeng was currently the hottest rising star in the music industry. Since his debut, his album has topped three major music charts, with all three of his new songs ranking in the top three on each chart.

For entertainment reporters, any news, even just a little bit of trivia related to such a star was worth covering. As long as they could ride on his popularity, they could even fall asleep laughing.

Lin An and Nian Wenran, observing this scene, exchanged a relieved glance, clearly seeing the tension dissipating.

Once inside the venue, the two took their seats as arranged by the organizers. They even made a bet: guessing who would win the Best Actress award tonight.

Lin An confidently stated, "Xia Jubai."

"But I heard them say that Queen Choi's movie this year is also doing exceptionally well."

Lin An ruffled her hair. She was naive, wasn't she? This was the trophy appointed by the author after all. "What do you want to bet with me?"

"Don't mess up my hairstyle!" Nian Wenran pretended to be angry, swatting away Lin An's mischievous hand. As she fixed her hair, she asked, "Bet that you'll accompany me for a shopping spree tonight."

I have to remind you that even if this event ends early, it'll still be after 10 o'clock."

"I know. Don't you want to see the late-night side of Jiangshi City?"

At this point, Lin An was genuinely curious. Jiangshi City was a fictional creation by the author, with many settings resembling the magical vibes of the big city, but the author added elements like a city garden and non-existent mountains.

The last time Lin An went to the mountains in the distant suburbs, he discovered many flowers and plants that shouldn't be found in coastal areas.

"Alright, if you win, I'll accompany you. If you lose..."

"I'll accompany you."

Lin An couldn't control his laughter this time. Fortunately, everyone was entering the venue now, and it was quite noisy.

"You're really good at making bets." Lin An accepted this unfair wager. What he didn't know was that, at this moment, the look in his eyes as he gazed at Nian Wenran was filled with indulgence.