59

P/S: Just one more chapter before I concluded the end of this book. Part 2 will be published next year. 🙏👋

3rd's POV

The raven-haired man stared at the night lights of the city in the glass window of his office. Mori Ogai, the boss of the Port Mafia, was seated on his chair with a blank expression on his face. His hands were clasped tightly.

"Rintaro?" The little girl with blonde hair and blue eyes stopped with her drawing. Elise eyed at the man with a worried looked on her face. "Is something wrong?"

The PM boss gave a soft smile. "I'm just thinking if it's about time to select a new executive. The position has been vacant for quite sometime." Mori glanced at the fedora hat that was placed on one of the shelves in his dark office.

"Why are you thinking of selecting someone new. The executive position was not abandoned in the first place." His ability looked at him confused.

"Yes it was not." The doctor propped his chin on his hands. "But Chuuya-kun was inactive for about two years already. I can't leave the position unoccupied any longer."

"But you can't do that!" The little girl protested.

"I need to do it sooner, Elise-chan." The man made an apologetic smile.

The blonde girl glared furiously at the man. "Rintaro is stupid!" She hastily grabbed her stuffs with her. "How can you do that to Chuuya?!"

"Wait, Elise-chan, wh--" The PM boss didn't finish his sentence for his ability just stormed out of the room.

The man sighed and directed his gaze to the redhead lady who's been quietly seated on a chair, calmly sipping her tea. "What do you think of my idea, Kouyou-kun?"

The person placed her cup on the small round table nearby and looked straight at her boss. "Are you asking me because he's my protege? Or are you asking me because you already know the implications that your decision will caused in the organization and you want my opinion about it."

The raven-haired was much taken by surprised by those blunt statements. "As expected of one of my executives." He grinned widely. "I'll be selfish and ask of both matters if you don't mind."

"Our people will surely have a lot of questions if you're going to replace a person for the executive spot. You at least need to offer a legitimate reason and see to it that they'll fully accept your explanation. I believe you don't want to affect the morale of the organization just because you failed to realize the consequences of your action." Kouyou took her cup once again and drinks her tea.

Mori blinked twice and looked at his executive with an amused smile on his face. "You haven't answered my former question, Kouyou-kun."

The redhead lady sighed and shook her head in the persistency of her boss. She lost interest with her tea and placed it permanently on the side table."If you see Chuuya unfit for the position, it is up to your sound judgement to assign a suitable individual to take over. As your subordinate, I don't have the right to question you." She turned her gaze to the fedora hat on the shelf and took some moment to continue. "My only request is for you to keep the thing that he holds dear and be given back to him eventually."

The doctor nodded. "I see." Mori made a satisfactory smile. "I'll consider your request if we'll be able to find him."

Kouyou looked at her boss reproachfully. "We will find him. The sooner we can, the better."

"Of course!" Her boss stated wittingly. Mori rose from his chair and rubbed his thumb on his chin. "Hmm, what do you think should I give as a beffiting gift to my new executive?"

"You can give your scarf or those gloves of yours." The redhead lady mafioso, having enough of the conversation, stated flatly. The unhumorous statement earned a heartily chuckled from her boss.

Meanwhile in the outskirts of Yokohama City was a young man. He was standing on one of the tallest building, watching the glimmering lights. It was almost dusk and the sun was starting to fall from the west.

The embodiment of destruction was staring on the horizon where the sun was about to set. He fished out a lighter from his pocket and lit a cigarette.

Ren was busy popping a smoke, when it was eventually snatched away from him.

"What the f*ck is your problem?!" The young man cursed at the unwelcomed visitor.

"The doctor wants to meet you as soon as possible. The plane is already here. We'll depart within ten minutes." The unwanted presence didn't seem to mind the cussword and went straight to what he came to do.

The lad scoffed. "Hah! It took the b*stard a long time to notice that the one he holds dear can't literally live without me."

"Please mind your words, kid. The doctor is becoming impatient. Senhor Nakahara hasn't been awake ever since the accident. It took quite some time tracking you."

"It's all your guys fault for taking Chuuya selfishly without realizing the effect it will caused him!" The young man stated with gritted teeth.

The man heaved a sigh. "This is the very reason why you need to come. The longer you stay far from him, the shorter his death comes close."

Ren shot a glare. "Don't f*cking associated death with his name. I won't let the God of the Underworld touch his soul. Chuuya is my vessel and he will always be."

The person shook his head. "I won't argue with you in this matter. Just be respectful to the doctor. And..." He examined the young man from head to toe. "Please make yourself presentable. Senhor Nakahara will be shock seeing you like this."

His escort gestured him to follow and get on the private plane. The young man eventually went and took a seat.

Thinking back, it is indeed understandable. Chuuya may not even recognized the kid he brought up and raised. Ren's appearance did change quite a bit. He grew some few inches tall and built up some lean and tone muscles. His hair also became relatively longer.

As for him becoming a habitual smoker. He might need to quit on that (at least for the time being).

The thing is he was not the mere kid that Chuuya knew anymore. But that doesn't matter now. What's important is he has the chance to see his vessel and extract revenge from the delusional doctor who was the root cause of this ordeal.

He looked at the man with an empty expression. "It was a good thing that the obsessive psycho made up his mind. At least I wouldn't have to waste time going over all the continents just to find him and end his life. "

"As much as the doctor wants you to stay away from Senhor Nakahara, he doesn't have much of a choice. "The person stated dryly.

"Of course, he doesn't. Now start the f*cking engine and fly us to where he is. You wouldn't want to keep your doctor waiting, Commander."