17

Chuuya's POV

The sh*tty mackerel just blinked at me. "What? This is me being nice to my dog~~"

This f*ker! He even had the guts to feign innocence! 

"Tch!..Just make sure to explain everything to them...Everything, I tell you..."

"Well if I have time, I will~~~"

Asdfghjkl!!!

"I...I seriously want to crush your face right now..." I'm certain that his displaying a smug look even though I'm not facing him right at this moment.

"Nah-ah~~~Sadly to say you can't. Not for the time being~~"

"Eeek!" I flinched from the sudden coldness I felt from my forehead.

"Pfft! What's with that sound, slug?~~"

"Sh*t up!" I raised my hand to touch.

"It's just a cold bag. No need to be wary with me~~"

"I'll---I'll hold it myself..." He just brushed off my hand.

"With that shaky hands of yours? Come on, Chuuya. Also you still have an IV fluid connected in your veins, it will be too hard for you."

"...Since when?..." He halted momentarily.

This sounds stupid but I don't want to misunderstand this sudden change of behavior especially from this bandages wasting device.

"Hmm? Since when what?~~"

"...Since when did you change?...I---I honestly don't get it...I...I don't understand anymore...Are you---are you really Dazai?..." I got choked up from the last word I said and started coughing.

Seriously, I never wish to see him during my weakened state. But he's here. He's here taking care of me.

A sudden surge of emotions taking over. It's suffocating and I don't like it. 

"There. There~~" He started to rub his hand onto my chest while he leaned my body more closer to him. "It really is me, you silly chibi."

"...Right...I'm actually starting to freak out now...maybe you're not that f*ck up social misfit...I've been starting to think...that your wearing his face as a disguise..." I tried to raise my hand again hoping to touch his face but he just grabbed onto it.

"Enough with the curiosity, chibi. I still have remaining questions for you."

"..Whatever."  I just groaned and relaxed myself. "Ask."

"Your migraine, how long have you been experiencing it?"

"After the incident...it returns once...or twice a month...I gotten used to it...but of course it still hurts like hell..."

"It maybe cause by a brain injury. You got your head injured after all. You better abstain yourself from drinking alcohol,especially the wine that you happened to love so much. Coffee is a no go too. You must have plenty amount of sleep and avoid getting stress out. You better resigned from the hospital. It's not doing good for you."

I couldn't helped but raised an eyebrow. Just as I thought he's not the Dazai that I used to know. "Oi, oi...what now? Are you...are you going to be Dazai-sensei?"

"I'm serious, chibi. Hand over your resignation letter by tomorrow." This f*ker suddenly demanded.

Who does he think he is?!

"No way...I won't!"

He suddenly pressed my hand that he's still holding. I swear I felt my blood vessels almost popped out from my veins. This bandaged sadist! He did it on purpose!

"Why?" I really don't like his tone being overly demanding.

Should I even tell him this?!

He pressed my hand again that I winced feeling the unbearable pain. "F*ck!..."

"Tell me."

This manipulative demanding freak!!!

"It's a bargain!...An agreement...I made with Mori-san..."

"More like a punishment. He knows you don't even like being in the hospital in the first place." Well, the mackerel is right about that but...

"I'm okay with it now...I've adjusted to the place...Everyone's been accommodating..." I tried to reason out.

"What's the catch?" This is the question that I don't want him to ask.

"I don't...want to...answer..."

"I have plenty of ways to find out. I've been honed as an expert in making people confess. Surely you know I have a lot of experience when it comes to torturing people." I felt the hair on my nape rose.

I started to remember how he was back in the days when he was still in the Port Mafia.

The Demon Prodigy.

I don't want to see him revert to that state again.

"So how do you want it to be, Chuuya?"

"Nghnn..." I felt his hand turned icily cold. I immediately sensed something off about him.

He's really...F*ck!

"Don't!...I'll answer!...Just stop...Don't be like this!..You're seriously creeping me out!..."

"Good~~" He then patted my head and for some reason I felt his heavy breathing behind my ear. "Go on."

"Tch! I need to remain in the hospital...maybe you're right, a form of punishment...whatever you wish to call it...But I think it's understandable...the boss is disappointed that I lost my ability...For that he told me to stay out of the PM...until I recuperate..."

"Recuperate? When you're still working in the hospital that you dislike. That's one hell of recovering, chibi. I doubt you never had once taken a rest."

"As I said...I'm fine with it!.."

"Right. Right. So how did people under you react about your so-called recuperation?"

"They didn't know...I talked about this with the boss..All this time they think I've gotten a suspension...as a result of the failed mission..."

"I assumed aside from Mori-san, the other executives know about this." I just nodded. "Well chibi, a couple of months had passed. Your suspension is taking way too long."

"I know that!...but the thing is...I can't return...not until, I got my ability back..."

"What if you can't?" The brutal reality that I never once considered.