56

3rd's POV

The time finally arrive for the anticipated meeting between the Armed Detective Agency and the Port Mafia. The meeting room was now occupied by the two organizations. Seated on the left was the leader of the PM, Ogai Mori with his ability, Elise-chan. Along his side, were his Executive, Kouyou Ozaki and the Commander of the Black Lizards, Ryuurou Hirotsu.

Yukichi Fukuzawa, the ADA president, was sitting on the right corner. Kunikida and Ranpo both stood firmly on his side. The agency doctor, Akiko Yosano, remained on her desk away from the eyes of the leader of the Port.

The young detectives pretty much shared their space with the Command Units and the two members of the Black Lizards. The rabid dog, for some odd reason, was silently standing beside the very flustered weretiger. Guess they don't have the mood to bicker but instead just exchanging glances with each other. The twin-tailed former mafioso didn't seem to mind the strange phenomenon happening between the two.

After everyone gave their (awkward) greetings towards each other, the blond detective finally went to start the meeting.

"We appreciate your effort for coming here, Mori-san. We won't take much of your time and come straight to the point. We still want to pursue with our investigation."

The raven middle-aged man clasped his hand and looked at the idealist. His eyes glistened with amusement. "I like how determine you guys are to continue with the chase but it is still our prime responsibility to search for our dear executive and his rogue ability." Mori's sight trailed to the ADA president. "It buffles me why you guys are so adamant in pursuing the matter. When in fact, it should be the funeral of your alleged dead detective that you should be worrying about."

"We are still in the middle of our investigation to search for Dazai, Mori-sensei. And the preparation for the funeral won't be happening." Fukuzawa replied.

A wicked smiled crept on the lips of the raven doctor. "Oh, you think Dazai-kun is still alive. You really trust him so well, Fukuzawa-dono."

"Aren't you on the same boat? The people under you are in our side searching. Surely, you're not oblivious about their actions." The abrupt declaration made the youngsters in the room flinched. The point of hiding is useless.

Mori agreeably nodded. "Yes, it has indeed come to my attention. Their selfish whims had caused you headache and I deeply apologize for that. I'll be sure to give them 'thorough' disciplining."

The silvered-haired man frowned from the statement. "I hope your so-called disciplining won't be equated to a capital punishment. That was not my intention, Mori-sensei."

"After all these years of fated entanglement, you still misjudged me. Cruelty is not my cup of tea. My way of disciplining is fair and lenient." The raven doctor gave a sinister smile in the end. His statement was not that very convincing.

"Fated entanglement?" The president sighed and didn't press about the subject anymore. "Let's go back to our main discussion." Fukuzawa eyed at the former math teacher.

Kunikida cleared his throat. "As we were saying...we will still conduct our separate investigation." The blond detective reiterated once again.

"I thought the Special Ability Division is already handling the matter."

"They allowed us to still be a part of the case." The workaholic blond briefed.

"By 'they', you mean Ango-kun?" The raven doctor mused.

"Yes."

The leader of the Port propped his hands on his chin and smiled diabolically. "Does Taneda-san know about this?

"We never had the chance to confirm."

"Oh...then I guess 'we' will also take the matter with our own hands then."

Kunikida made a perplexed look. "What do you mean by this, Mori-san?"

"Exactly like Ango-kun is trying to do, of course!" The raven doctor rose from his seat and smiled at the blonde young girl with the red dress. "Elise-chan, thank you for behaving. I'll get you some ice cream now."

"Wait, Mori-san! You still didn't give your response about the investigation."

The man just grinned widely. "I did say to cease the investigation. But I never said that we can't collaborate. Time is crucial, Kunikida-kun. The government and the Special Ability Division have taken their first course of action. They want your agency to stop because they aim to have Arahabaki for themselves. Who knows if the Hunting Dogs are already involved."

The idealist creased his eyebrows. "Sakaguchi-san didn't give us any details about these."

"Of course he won't. Who do you think Ango-kun works for?" The raven doctor shook his head disapprovingly. "Don't tell me you guys aren't familiar with his background?" He glanced once again at his former acquaintance.

"The agency doesn't look at the past deed of the person but see the person on what he is today. I believe Sakaguchi has his reason." The president stated seriously.

The Port Leader just made a light smile. "Sure, sure. I won't go along with your philosophical talk. But don't tell me that I failed to remind you, Fukuzawa-dono."

"Your concern is not needed, Mori-sensei. Now tell us, do you concede or not?"

The person in question raised his hands as a form of (fake) surrender. "Now don't be too aggressive, it won't get us anywhere. Whether you will continue to go with your own investigation is up to you. And.." He tilted his head to the youngsters direction."...whether my subordinates and the young members of your agency still want to team up to continue with their own little search party is up to them."

"As long as we our clear with the matter then that's all we ask of you, Mori-sensei." Fukuzawa rose to his seat preparing to end the discussion.

The raven doctor then grinned and made an eerie smile. "Though with regards to Chuuya-kun and the Arahabaki, we will take the full jurisdiction of the case. The ADA shall not have anything to do it."

The president was taken aback by the abrupt statement. "Nakahara is now an ordinary citizen of Yokohama. I was planning to take him to work as a new member of the agency. And as for his ability the Special Ability Division won't allow you t--"

A wicked laugh was suddenly heard inside the room that made everyone uneasy.

"I will decide what to do with the people who work under me. No one, not even the authorities could hold me back in exercising my control over my sovereign. I hope you firmly understand that, Fukuzawa-dono."

With his ending statement, the leader of the Port Mafia exited followed by his subordinates. The dreadful meeting had finally came to an end.

Several minutes had passed and no one dares to speak a word. However, the only person who was seated far away couldn't help but break the deafening silence.

"Tch! The president already went back to his office and you guys are still acting unusually quiet!" Yosano uttered with much distaste.