43

3rd's POV

Instead of being stuck as a mere 'babysitter'  (as she claimed herself to be), the agency doctor resigned to her fate as the greatest detective 'Assistant for the Day'.

The pair's conversation was the only sound being heard at the back of the disguised ice cream van.

Kunikida was more preoccupied sending threatening messages and a couple of voicemails to his still nowhere-to-be-seen partner.

Yosano couldn't care less about the blond's frustration. She's more engrossed  in enjoying her new given position at the moment.

"Ranpo, it's been exactly half an hour. Don't tell me you haven't locate Tanizaki. I already given you the exact coordinates." She's been sitting down comfortably with her leg on the other and her arms crossed over her chest.

"We are already here at the said location, Yosano-sensei." The beret hat detective stated on the other side of the line.

The bobbed-haired doctor started tapping her fingernails on her arm. "So what did you got?"

"Nothing. There's no orangehead in sight. More so, no people. I already asked Chief Minoura and his team to search the area." Ranpo briefly described.

Yosano looked at the monitor. "That's odd. The orange dot didn't move from that location."

"Well it's either he got himself into quite a predicament or we just stepped into a trap. " Ranpo nonchalantly stated.

Yosano propped her chin, a mischievous smile showed on her face. "Oh, there goes your much awaited Grand Illusionist. He's getting nearer. Brace yourself up." She cooed.

"Either ways, there's no difficult situation that I, as the greatest detective ever lived on earth, can handle."

The agency doctor rolled her eyes from the self-acclaimed statement. "Right. So that means you won't need my assistance since it's unnecessary."

Ranpo slightly opened his pair of emerald eyes before answering. "Yes, I regret to say but our 'partnership' has sadly come to an abrupt end, Yosano-sensei."

The doctor snorted and put an indifferent expression. "Whatever. I guess I just have to enjoy watching the trio getting themselves killed by the Whip Man." She was now looking at the other screen of the monitors.

"Whip Man? Oh, Mr. Beatty!" The glasses detective mused.

"Yes. And by the looks of it. Atsushi is not doing good against him. Mr. Whip Man is deadly set on capturing our weretiger. He even has his own lion beast to attack the poor kid." The jet black doctor casually stated earning the attention of the uptight megane.

"Yosano-sensei!" Kunikida suddenly exclaimed. "Instead of talking to Ranpo-san aren't we suppose to help our comrades?!" He soon realized the dire situation the youngsters are in.

Same with the case of the Black Lizard duo. The loud cheers from before were replaced by screams of terrors. The stage and the benches were filled with blood stains and dead mangled bodies from the spectators. Gin and Tachihara are fighting a horrendous battle.

Yet they're still inside the d*mn ice cream van not taking action when they should be rescuing them!

More so, both of his two respective colleagues are still in the middle of their seemingly important conversation. They didn't even bother to care!

"Kunikida..." The agency doctor looked at the anxious idealist with an amused smile on her face. The wickedness is undescribable. "Each has their assigned tasks in the beginning. I believe we all came to an understanding that everyone knew their responsibilities, hence we should finished them by ourselves." She pointed making the idealist flabbergasted.

"But Yosano-sensei! You can't jus---ugh!.."Kunikida's eyes widen as he look anxiously at the doctor. "What's---what's that thing that hit us just now?" The uptight detective almost lost his balance when an unknown force landed on the roof of the van.

"No clue." The agency doctor just shrugged and remain unfazed.

"Are you guys alright?!" The blonde mafioso rushed to the two ADA members panic stricken. Higuchi was not wearing her suit today but instead a pastel apron partnered with an ice cream cone hat placed on her head. She looked like an innocent harmless young lady going on a rescue if not for the gun she was holding firmly in her hands.

"Yes. No harm done, Higuchi-kun. But I couldn't say about him, though." The bobbed-haired doctor smirked while she pointed at the idealist. Kunikida coughed and eventually stood up straight.

"We're both okay. But what about Hirotsu-san. He's outside." The blond glasses detective looked at them gravely.

Yosano rose from her seat and stretched her arms. "Well, it's time for the 'back-ups' to take the stage." She went to a nearby hanging cabinet and pushed a red button at the side of the cupboard. A set of different armed weapons emerged from a hidden compartment.

With eyes flickering, her sight rested on a well-polished chainsaw. Her lips formed a wicked grin. "The Special Ability Division knew my preference. I give them plus point for that. Now, let's get the wrecking ball have a taste of bloody chains, shall we?"

The two blonds silently gulped from the backside. No. This is not the best time to be frightened but they can make some exemption, right?

Kunikida cleared his throat and spoke. "Yosano-sensei, please act professionally. You are one of the members of the Armed Detective Agency. I suggest you refrain yourself from tarnishing the agency's reputation."

"What a cheap stake!" She grabbed the chainsaw on her hands and smiled diabolically. "But don't worry, I'll be sure to consider. For now, I'll have a grandpa to rescue." She pulled the starter that made the engine spikes producing a loud screeching sound. "My baby is ready to go."

"Yosano-san! I'll--I'll go with you!" Though the blonde mafioso is quite unsure whether she can fully trusts and cooperate with the agency doctor to 'rescue' the Commander of the Black Lizards (who doesn't need much saving tbh), she still chose to tag along.

"How thoughtful of you, Higuchi. But I prefer to go solo. There's no such thing as a pair that exist in history who saved one damsel in distress. Might as well stay inside the ice cream and watch everyone's struggle to their death." The bobbed-haired doctor stated with a sadistic grin.

"Yosano-sensei!" The uptight idealist reprimanded . He looked at the blonde young lady who stilled with mouth agape. "Do not mind her, Higuchi-san."

"Oh---oh okay. Got it." The blonde mafioso just nodded.

"But yes. Please go with the doctor's suggestion. We need to have one person to monitor everyone. I can't let anyone in this mission dying on my watch." The idealist bold statement earned a devious smirk from the bobbed-haired doctor.

"That's too much responsibilities to uphold, Kunikida-kun. Anyways..." Yosano slammed the door opened with the chainsaw slung over her shoulder. "I'll be off now. I'll have a massacring to do."

The idealist broke his 3rd pen for the day. He groaned as he slowly massaged his temple. The blonde mafioso watched the distressed detective with empathy. "Hmm...I---I think she's more suited to be a member of the Port Mafia."

"Indeed." The idealist couldn't agree more.