47

3rd's POV

The young man woke up feeling dizzy and light-headed. Ren couldn't even count how many times he passed out from the endless beating he received from the b*stard trapeze man. The flesh of his skin are deeply torn and he's pretty sure almost all part of his body are bruised right now.

"F*ck..." He groaned from the pain he was forced to endure. The scent of iron blood in the area is thick and nauseating that he feels the need to throw up.

Sure, the physical pain didn't make him waver. He experienced them countless time thanks to a certain someone who always let himself get wreck. He even bore the hunger that he was subjected for almost two days in a row. And of course, he survived that. But God, he exceeded his limit. The clown somehow managed to find his weakness making him lost all of his self-control.

*Flashback*

Only the voice of mockery and wicked laughter resonate in the small confinement cell. Ren remained expressionless from the amount of slashes that cut through his flesh. No sound of plead and suffering escaped from the young man's lips.

"Ah Signore Jules, be careful about the specimen. The dear doctor haven't since him yet. We can't let him loss so much blood." Cairoli reminded.

Leotard threw his blade once more leaving a small cut on the side cheek of the young man before answering. "But I want to hear him scream. I want to see the look of terror on his stoned-faced. It would give me much pleasure." He grabbed the young man's hair forcing Ren to meet his gaze. "I wonder if I should recommend you to Monsieur Wences. I think it's about time he replaces that little assistant boy of his. Maybe I can get some reaction when half of your soul was forcibly pulled out from your body. "The trapeze man released the young man with so much force, making Ren fell together with the chair he was bound to.

"Signore Jules!" The Italian Clown exclaimed. "Patience, signore! Don't be such a cruel brute to the boy." He went to help the young man back on his feet as he raised the chair again.

The trapeze man just chuckled and looked at his partner bemused. "Oh monsieur. We both know that your name is right next to cruelty. I'm not even par with you."

A knowing smile appeared on the face of the clown. "Please don't scare the boy too much. You should go prepare yourself now, you have another doctor to please." Mr. Charles waved his hands off to dismiss his partner.

Leotard snorted. "The lady doctor with the butterfly hairpin. She better entertain me to the fullest." He glanced once again at the young man and bowed gracefully, a mischievous smile hanging on his lips. "It is a pleasure to meet you, au revoir. I hope you will enjoy your time." Soon, his light-footed steps were gone.

*See you again

Cairoli turned to the young man with bewilderment. After some time he spoke. "I'm amazed that you withstood the injuries Signore Jules inflicted on you. And it seems to me physical pain doesn't bother you at all." He rubbed his thumb on his chin as he moved closer. "How about mental torture? I should probably find one or two of your weaknesses."

Chuuya's images suddenly flashed in the young man's mind. Ren couldn't risk to put his guardian in danger. "I went along with your eccentricities just to meet your leader. I had enough of your bullsh*t." He spit out some blood and shot a glare towards the Italian.

The clown blinked twice looking at the young man with astonished eyes. "Oh! You're finally talking! Brilliant!" He exclaimed. "But the dear doctor is still busy at this moment. He will meet you soonest. Patience is virtue. Endurance is the key, signore."

The young man scoffed. "Don't start preaching about values that is beyond your comprehension. You're just a second-rate clown who put up a fake facade of kindness while hiding your true demonic nature from that heavy nasty make-up. Just looking at you, makes me want to puke."

Ren did shut him down with clear mockery. Of course it's all about testing the tide and he knew that compare to the b*stard poisonous blade, Cairoli holds a more dangerous ability. He might as well go and take the chances he could get before Chuuya finds him.

And yes those insulting statements made the Italian almost break his cane from his tightening grip. He looked at the young man blankly, the gleam in his eyes was no longer visible. "You may have an innocent face, but your mouth speaks otherwise. I need to teach you some lesson. "

Ren rolled his eyes. "Finally showing your true color."

The Italian simply shrugged. "Well everyone has their own. What about you? What is your color?" Cairoli carried a small stool and elegantly sat down clasping his hands on his cane. Closing his proximity to a mere foot, he looked at the young man with a sinister smile on his face. So, it begun.

"You better keep your distance, you creep. Once I'm freed from this f*cking rope, I'll be sure to turn you to dust next to that b*stard feminine-looking sadist." The statement holds some truth considering his still containing himself from going berserk.

The Italian didn't mind the threat. With discerning eyes, he looked straight at the young man. "Red. You must like the color very much. All this time, your gaze remained fix on the pool of blood you spilled. Either you're a masochist who happens to love pain very much or the color reminds you of something you value the most. "

Ren just smirked. A full of bullsh*t. Pain is out of context. He just happened to be accustomed to it. "If this is how you're going to start your petty mindless games, meaningless inquiry is quite cheap."

"You think lowly of me, signore. You see the dear doctor is also fond of the same color. He, infact, associates the color to the person we took a chance to meet some years ago. " The clown stated plainly.

The young man masked his emotion displaying disinterest in the topic. "Let me guess. Your circus troupe just flew here looking for a long lost person to which your 'dear' doctor took an obsession with. " He almost laugh about the matter his guardian is now involved with.

The clown just went ahead. "If you happened to know the person by the name Nakahara Chuuya, I can even request the dear doctor to spare you. But, of course, you need to tell me where Signore Nakahara is. "

Ren stilled from the words that left through Cairoli's mouth. The clown just uttered the name that he's been trying to protect. "And what will you do once you find him?"

The Italian smiled diabolically. "I'll skin him alive, cut his body into pieces and let my lovely dogs at home eat his meat and chew his bones. "

The young man gritted his teeth. From that moment everything snapped. He had reached his breaking point.

*End of flashback