31

Chuuya's POV

I managed to come back in one piece to the hospital , though I barely have enough time to get my work done. I couldn't possibly owe anymore personal debt to Himekawa-san. Who knows by now what she's reporting to Ane-san (which is the distressing part).

Yet here I am again seated not in my cubicle but inside somebody's clinic, facing the unamused doctor.

"Chuu-chan are you even listening to me? Or you're still in the middle of your daydreaming?" A firm voice with a hint of disappointed came, breaking me up from my trance.

"I'm listening...nghnn...not." I said with all honesty.

He put his clipboard to rest on the adjacent table and blankly stared at me.

Now what?

"Hmm...Sorry. I'm causing you a lot of work and unnecessary headaches." Better said it now than never.

"That's not it."

"Huh?"

"You see, your 'later' turned out to be forever. I expected for your return but you failed to come back. I waited for a call but I didn't receive any not even a mere text message." He clearly didn't hide his dissatisfaction which made it worst.

F*ck! He's pissed!

"My bad. A lot of things happened that day that I didn't find the chance to inform you."

He looked at me straight in the eye. "You have a chance now."

I knew he wouldn't let this go without an explanation so I chose to tell him the events that transpired keeping out some pieces of information that concerned the sh*tty mackerel. He appeared to be satisfied which somehow put my mind at ease since he reverted back to his usual self. 

"Going back to your health condition..." He took his clipboard from the table and scribbled some notes. "...you're not doing good at all." I frowned at his statement.

There's no way I'm going to undergo some lab tests again! Absolutely no f*cking way!

"Now don't look at me like that, Chuu-chan. I know what you're thinking and trusts me, I won't."

I let out a sigh of relief. "That's good."

"During the passed months, you drastically lost a lot of weight. It's a given since you got hospitalized and all. Your weight dropped to 99 lbs and now you lose another 7 lbs.

"Wh--what?" I sat there looking at the doctor with disbelief. I mean, I was never that light in the first place.

"Tell me, do I need to personally remind you to eat 3 meals in a day?" He asked with a stern voice.

"I---I'm just not feeling hungry that's all. I'll bounce back in no time, sensei." I said trying to justify.

He just shook his head. "You're losing a lot of muscles and fats in your body and I don't know what's causing it."

3rd's POV

The ginger stilled. He just sat there quietly thinking of ways on how to make the situation less troublesome than it already is. His attending physician heaved a sigh before proceeding.

"Have you ever examine yourself in the mirror properly?" The doctor asked with seriousness in his voice.

The petite mafioso was taken aback at the unexpected question. "Alec-sensei, if you're asking me if I'm taking time to look myself in the mirror then my answer is no. I don't have a narcissistic personality. I'm not a woman who needs to pay attention to every little thing. As long as I dress myself comfortably then that's that." He was of course offended.

Alec just shook his head. "You're clearly not getting it." He then suddenly grabbed the ginger's wrist, to much the latter's surprise. "I could easily break you." His voice turned eeriely dark making the chibi uneasy.

Mustering his courage, Chuuya firmly spoke. "Sensei, I'm not that weak. I'm technically one of the strongest combatant in the Port Mafia. I did lost my ability, but my strength remains still."

The doctor loosen his grip from the ginger's wrist and eventually let go.

"I know. I just want you to properly take care of yourself." Alec stated, his calming voice once returned.

"No worries. I swear, I'm fine." The mafioso insisted.

The doctor smiled and patted the ginger's head. "Sure. Sure. Whatever you say, Chuu-chan." Alec went towards his filing cabinet. He picked up a small blue planner and handed it to the chibi.

"Say, what's this?" The ginger curiously asked.

"It's a menu planner. I consulted with the nutritionist and the dietician to come up with that. Give it to the kid. I'm sure he will be glad to prepare a nutritious dishes for you everyday."

The chibi scowled at the doctor. "Ne sensei, why is Ren being mentioned here?"

Alec just huffed. "Perhaps you knew that the kid came the other day asking about you. He suddenly barged his way in my clinic to ask me your whereabouts which I answered with all honesty. I thought it was over but I was taken by surprise on what he just said after that."

"Nghnn...what did he say?" The ginger is somehow hesitant to ask but then again, he needs to know.

"He said that I was useless, that I couldn't even take care of my ill patient, a good-for-nothing doctor, a quack who managed to get a license because of my family's influence and money." The doctor was clearly annoyed remembering the contemptuous remarks he just received from the kid.

Chuuya covered his face from the embarrassment. "I am really sorry about this, sensei. I'll try to talk with the sh*tty kid and knack some sense out of him."

"Good. Do that for me, thank you." The doctor satisfied with the answer softly smiled and gently tapped the chibi on his shoulder.

The ginger momentarily glanced at his wrist watch. "Hmm, Alec-sensei I need to get going. Are we done?"

"Yes. You can go." With that,the mafioso bowed to the doctor and rushed out from the clinic.