33

A/N: SKK moments (???) before the war. 🤭

Dazai's POV

As soon as we're inside the apartment, the chibi immediately fished out his phone from his pocket and fiddled it for sometime.

I stood there staring at him with a blank expression as he did his little business.

Feeling my gaze, the chibi tilted his head. "Wh---what's with that look, oi?"

I leaned my head on the wall, my arms both in my pockets as I trailed my eyes on his frail figure not bother looking at him straight. "Done texting the double-faced doctor or the cheeky kid. Perhaps both." I said as a matter-of-fact.

His eyebrows automatically creased as he glared daggers at me with those pair of cerulean eyes.

I smirked deviously. Bingo.

"I did it so they won't do anything reckless. Especially, Ren. That kid tends to be impulsive."

I just huffed as he tried to justify his action. "Why don't you try putting a collar on him? A stray puppy needs to be trained while still young. That will help you restrain him." My words full of mockery.

"Shut the f*ck up, Dazai! Don't you ever insult, Ren!" He growled as he narrowed his eyes threateningly.

I could feel different conflicting emotions run over me as he uttered the kid's name. It holds much value and affection. Something that he never had with other people. Well, there's Ane-san, as an exception. But this feels different somehow and for unknown reason, it's displeasing.

I chose to put the matter aside as I have more important business to talk with him.

"Fine." I beckoned him to sit on the bed since there's no couch or chair to be seen. It must have been buried somewhere. I just received an apprehensive look in response. "You don't have to be wary of me, chibi. I won't do anything."

He just rolled his eyes and scanned his surrounding. "That's not it. Since when was the last time you clean your trashy apartment, oi?"

"Since never." I said indifferently. Unlike the chibi, I'm not a clean freak.

"What the hell?! So that's why it smells like rotten sh*t in here!" He pinched his nose as he went to sit on my bed. "Thank God, the bed is still here." I laughed at his silly statement.

"Of course, where can I lay down then?" I followed him as we now sat facing each other.

"Lay down you say, you're also supposed to sleep on it, stupid."  I felt his eyes lingered on me than usual. "You have such a huge eyebags on you, mackerel. Are you having difficulty sleeping again?" His voice sounding  almost concerned. He did guess it. My insomnia is coming back again and not even some bottles of booze and dozens of sleeping pill could cure it.

I grinned. "Oh is my dog getting worried?~~" That was a bad move since I immediately received a smack on the head. I don't like the pain it caused me but I could never be bored seeing his reaction.

"Stop with the creepy smile, oi! And f*ck I'm not worried! Who cares about a sh*tty dead fish anyway?! Argh! You're seriously scaring me!" He hugged himself tight as he put some distance between us.

"Lies~~ You won't grow if you keep being dishonest, chibi~~" I sing sang.

"Sh*t the f*ck up! What's that even have to do with my height?! You waste of sp---achoo!" I saw his body shivered as he sneezed.

Without thinking, I suddenly grabbed his arm, crashing his tiny body towards mine. His head was now over my chest.

"F*ck! That's already twice, you dipsh*it! What the f*ck do you think you're doing?!" He hissed and cussed while trying to break free from my hold.

I tighten my grip as I pulled his whole body over me. One arm holding his head, the other circling his tiny waist. His body is freezing cold.

Since the clinic incident, I realized that his immune system dropped terribly low. He became susceptible to cold which makes him prone to any lung-related diseases.

"I'm keeping my dog warm~~Just be grateful your owner is taking good care of you,chibi ~~"

"Who's your dog, dumb*ss?! And I'm fine assh*le! It's just the room is filled with webs and dusts that my nose suddenly becomes itchy!" He still managed to retort while sniffing.

"Pfft!" The chibi became a slimy slug literally.

"What the f*ck do you find anything funny about this, dipsh*t?!" He hollered.

"Nothing.Nothing of course~~" I deliberately lied. He just made a 'tch' sound and glanced away. "Okay, my bad. Let's stop with the bickering so the chibi can clean his nose."

I released him from my hold and grabbed the tissue box from the bedside table.

"Here." I offered it to him. I saw his hesitation but still he didn't much have a choice but to take it.

"Th--thanks..." He uttered with a low inarticulate voice.

I just nodded and silently watched him as he carefully took out some sheets of tissue paper and started blowing his already runny nose. A shade of pinkish red on his cheeks didn't escape my eyes. The chibi easily gets embarrassed when it comes to skinship and physical touch and that didn't change 'til now.

Added to that, he doesn't like to owe any personal debt to other people and of course I'm the number one on that list.

A brilliant idea formed in the back of mind. I could use this to blackmail him in the future. That way he would succumb to any of my desires and wishes. Perfect.

"Say are you done,my little red nose?~~" I started teasing him again.

"F*ck you!!" He instantly threw the box tissue aimed towards my face which of course I dodged so easily.

"My~~ my~~ Language, Chuuya~~" He didn't retaliate afterwards and just stayed still which is completely out of his character.

Being this close, I immediately run my eyes to examine his body. I then spotted what's wrong.

So that's it.

"Oi Chuuya, come closer."