23

3rd's POV

In the Armed Detective Agency room, everyone was all seated in their designated chairs. They all turned their eyes at the door when they saw the tall brunet entered.

"So? Did you find out who this Ren is? An adopted child? A lover?" The jet black-haired doctor asked with enthusiasm. She really does want to win the betting game.

"Neither." The brunet shortly answered. He went to sit on his couch spreading both of his arms while looking at the ceiling.

"Another incurred lose, Yosano-sensei." The snack lover detective remarked.

"Fine. I'll transfer the money to your bank account later." The doctor said with much disappointment.

"Is Chuuya-san alright? The bottle of milk is ready and I already finished packing up the vegetables for him." Kenji's eyes are beaming with excitement to meet the petite mafioso.

"Better go now. They're leaving." The brunet stated.

"Oh okay. I'll go then!" The straw hat kid rushed out of the room carrying with him his nutritious gift.

"What happened?" The blond idealist was watching his suicidal partner with baffled expression.

The brunet heaved a sigh still staring at the ceiling. "The case is more complicated than I thought. I'll give the details after the chibi and the cheeky kid leave."

The members stayed silent and busied themselves for a while. Almost everyone has some questions to ask. Well, except for the munching detective. He has only the president and snacks in his mind after all.

The agony of waiting finally came to an end when they saw the farm boy slowly made his way to the room and went to slump on his chair.

"Ne, Dazai-san. How come Chuuya-san looked different than usual?" He looked dejected.

The brunet tilted his head bemused. "You mean his appearance."

Kenji shook his head. "I don't really pay attention to Chuuya-san's appearance. He looks great in every way. But seeing him today. It feels likes the energy around him changed. It became faint and small. He looked like a man who's life force was sucked out of him." The kid took his time to express his thoughts.

Dazai seated himself properly with his hands clasped together, his elbows touching his knees. "Great observation, Kenji-kun. Then what about the kid he was with?"

"I don't like him. His presence is dark and mortifying. He had an annoyed face when I was talking with Chuuya-san." Kenji gave his honest response.

The brunet snickered. "Chibi won't like that if he heard you."

"You think so? But that young man with him is giving off a very menacing aura. Why is he hanging around with him?" The straw hat kid was all confused.

"That's what we want to know." The blond workaholic looked at his partner. "Care to explain, Dazai."

"The kid...Wait, I should call him by his name by now. Right. Ren-kun. That's his name."

"Wow! You're on first name basis with your rival. That's fast." The doctor was astonished.

"I can't address him as "kid" every time. Besides there are literally a lot of youngsters involve whether it's here at ADA or the PM." Dazai deadpanned.

"Okay. Okay. Go on." Yosano dismissively waved her hands to let the brunet continued.

"As I stated before, Ren-kun was not the chibi's relative. There's no blood relations whatsoever. You saw him. Appearance wise, there's not even a tiniest bit of resemblance. Though the character is somehow similar."

"Hmm. Dazai-san?" The weretiger looked at his mentor while fiddling his fingers. He's having a second thought whether he will say the thing that's weighing on his mind.

"What is it, Atsushi-kun?"

"He..." Atsushi hesitated.

"It's okay. Say it." Dazai softly smile on his protege.

"He somehow...resembles you. I mean not entirely. But his appearance! His appearance is." The mentee was quite nervous, but one way or the other, he delivered his words properly.

The brunet chuckled. "He does! In fact when I saw him, I feel like I'm seeing my younger self."

"That means he's no good then." The uptight blond huffed.

"You've wounded me, Kunikida-kun~~" The brunet detective put his hand over his forehead and glanced away.

"Stop being such a drama queen and go on with the details." The idealist is actually taking notes of all the information  on his notebook.

"Well the thing is whether he will pose a threat in the future, as of now, the answer is still unclear. The only conclusion I came so far is that he resembles both the chibi and I."

"Does he also have an ability?" The orangehead in the room asked. "I mean he's hanging out with Nakahara-san." Tanizaki made his point.

"I surely hope not." Dazai stated with seriousness. "It would be dangerous if he's also an ability user."

Everyone in the room felt a sudden chill. It's not that been long when they fought The Guild, The Rats and The Decay of Angels. And now there's another one coming.

"What do you mean by that?" The idealist fixed his pair of eyeglasses. He has a feeling that he's going to have a terrible headache after this.

"If he is indeed an ability user, the PM would do some drastic actions to recruit him. That means problem for us, Kunikida-kun. We have a temporary truce with them for now but we're not sure how long will it lasts. Mori-san is one cunning man after all."

The blond gripped his pen tightly. The brunet just laid the possibility that ADA will encounter another chaotic event sooner.

Kunikida is now set to schedule a meeting once the president returns.

"If that happens, are you guys going to fight with the PM once again?" Naomi who was seated besides her brother then asked. She couldn't help but be worried. Her beloved brother might be hurt again.

"Not if we manage to hide Ren-kun's existence. You see the chibi is pretty adamant in keeping all matters associated with the kid in top secrecy."