08

3rd's POV

It's been a while since the raven boy left the Armed Detective Agency.

Dazai remain seated on the couch with his hand clasped touching his chin and his elbows on both of his thighs. The silence in the room is completely deafening.

The remaining members of ADA fairly knew that the tall brunet has moments like this. But with his completely sudden changed persona, all decided not to utter a single word and just concentrate in finishing their reports.

After an hour of complete silent, the weretiger, glanced at his mentor. Atsushi was all fidgety and nervous to ask but he still held some courage.

"Hmm...Dazai-san?I already finished your report."

Hearing this the blond idealist just clicked his tongue but didn't say a word. He fixed his pair of eyeglasses on the bridge of his nose and go on with his work.

"Thank you as always, Atsushi-kun~~" The brunet then winked and resumed his playful persona. He rose to his seat and looked outside the window. "The day is almost finish, I'm going ahead~~~"

"Where to, Dazai-san?" The weretiger nervously asked.

"Time to pay my dog another visit." He smiled and glanced at his uptight partner.

"Nghnn. Don't be late for work tomorrow." Kunikida just muttered.

"Aye~~aye~~partner~~" The brunet waved his hand and exited.

The weretiger went to the idealist to hand over his finished work together with his mentor's report.

"Kunikida-san, do you think Dazai-san is somewhat acting strange right now?" Atsushi noticed the brown portfolio on the desk. The brunet didn't even bother to bring it.

"Tch. He's always acting strange everyday. You should be used to his antics by now."

"But still..." The weretiger couldn't helped but worried.

"Let him be. As long as he comes to work and don't slack off, we don't need to take action. At least for now." Kunikida tried his best to sooth the silver haired.

"Well-said, Kunikida. It's just Dazai with his over possessiveness. You don't need to fret over it, Atsushi." Ranpo stood up with his bag of potato chips and went to grab the brown portfolio. "For the mean time, I'll read and keep this for now."

"You sure are carefree about this, Ranpo-san."The weretiger pointed.

The detective just smirked. "I already pretty much solved the case after all. It's just up to Dazai how he will handle this. We just need to sit back and watch everything unfold. Meanwhile, let's do our work as shadows." He nodded with satisfaction and went off carrying the portfolio around him.

"Hmm...Ranpo-san just left with the very piece of information, Atsushi." Kyouka finally spoke.

The weretiger flinched. He totally forgot about that. "Let's just ask him tomorrow. I'm sure Ranpo-san would be glad to brief us with the information."

"Okay." She rose to her seat and went towards the weretiger.

"Kunikida-san, will you be on this mission?" Atsushi curiously asked the blond.

"Nope. I won't help that suicidal maniac with his selfishness." He fixed up his glasses. "You two should go now. Leave the rest to me."

Atsushi was momentarily taken aback but timidly nodded. He wanted to ask but feels he shouldn't.

It almost seems that the older members of the agency  act indifferent about the mission (as Dazai called it). And his only mentor is the only one who's adamant to make it happen, which is quite strange, since the latter has always been a laid-back person. 

With his unspoken words, he left the ADA together with Kyouka.

Chuuya's POV

For some reason, I'm not in the office finishing my supposed work. All my handled case reports of our clients were momentarily given to my subordinate, Himekawa-san. I never heard any complain as she focus on finishing my half-done report.

She's always reliable in getting my unfinished work done efficiently.

*sigh*

I guess I need to buy her another coffee as consolation.

"What's with the long sighed?"

I jolted back from reality. I'm currently here at the doctor's office lying on a comfortable couch. We are still in the middle of a therapy session, as the doctor calls it.

"It's nothing. I just felt that I owe another personal debt to Himekawa-san."

"You mean the brunette haired lady with emerald eyes?" I just nodded and closed my eyes. "She is indeed a responble subordinate. Kouyou-san has good eyes."

"I couldn't agreed more."

Thinking back, Himekawa-san came couple of days when I was hired in the hospital.

Apparently she is associated with Ane-san. I didn't much pry with how things came but I had a hunch she is working undercover to guard me. As ridiculous at it may sounds.

"How are you feeling?" I had my eyes opened as he gently run his hands on my hair.

"I'm fine now, I guess. This is somehow relaxing." I closed my eyes again.

I was uncomfortable with his overly skinship at first but somehow I got used to it since I felt that's just how the doctor's personality goes.

"You better take a nap for the mean time. I'll wake you up after I finished making the assessment."

I was eventually going to follow his advise when I heard a knocked on the door. Before I opened my eyes, the doctor blocked my sight with his hand.

"Nah-ah. Chuu-chan, you better obey and don't be a stubborn kid."

"I'm not, sensei." I grumbled.

"Good." I didn't bother to open my eyes anymore as I felt his hand left my tired face, his presence gone.