24

3rd's POV

"Are you saying we're going to help a member of the PM, not just a member, but an 'executive' to conceal a secret?" The workaholic pinched the bridge of his nose and glanced an eye to his partner incredulously.

"Yes, Kunikida-kun~~ That's exactly correct." The brunet just hummed and agreeably nodded.

"Are you even thinking straight, Dazai?" The uptight blond scowled and send a death glare to his good-for-nothing partner.

"Kunikida-kun, you meanie~~ In case you didn't know, I always think straight." The beanpole just stated rather proudly earning a bunch of rolling eyes from almost all of the ADA members in the room.

The idealist exasperatedly muttered. "Why do I even ask? This is Dazai we're talking about."

"Eh~~ What does that even mean, Kunikida-kun?" The brunet whined.

The blond just covered his face with frustration."It means what it means. The sooner you state what you needed to say, the faster we can get this matter over with." He waved his hand as a resignation.

"Hmm. So what should we do then, Dazai-san?" The detective's protege interjected and asked. Atsushi is quite troubled but he doesn't have much of a choice but to follow his mentor, does he?

"Just as I stated. No one should know Ren-kun's existence. We should act totally oblivious about him. The temporary truce stands still with the PM, hence there are meetings and joint missions. I suggest we go on with everything per usual." The brunet nonchanantly said.

Per usual? I don't think so. It's entirely different since there were no bantering and loud bickerings happened since one of the Double Black is absent.

Pretty much the synchronized minds of the ADA members are thinking.

"But what if Mori-san suddenly mentions Chuuya-san?" The twin-tailed haired girl softly asked. She timidly looked at her former member in the mafia.

"Good point, Kyouka-chan." The brunet pondered for a while. "He didn't ask in the the past few meetings, but there's a chance he will mention him soon. I'm sure Yosano-sensei and the chibi's sudden encountered was deliberately planned. Mori-san will try to test us from time to time so don't let your guard down. Again, we need to act oblivious about it."

"Are we going to hide the fact that Chuuya-san had been in the agency too?" Her blue eyes looked at the brunet expectantly.

"Yes. You see the chibi is under suspension for now. The way I see it, his so-called suspension won't be lifted for a reasonable amount of time. That only means to say whatever the activities of the PM, Chuuya, technically, will not be part of it. So to speak, the slug shouldn't have any connection with the ADA at the moment."

"Under suspension? Why is Nakahara-san under suspension?" The orangehead was flabbergasted. Well, almost everyone was.

"That will take time to explain, Tanizaki-kun." The brunet plainly stated. "I should leave that to the chibi once the case is over." Dazai rose from his seat. "Anyways that is all for today, my fellow members~~" He made a side glance to his partner. "Unfortunately, I need to go somewhere for a change of scenery~~"

His workaholic partner arched an eyebrow. "It's not even the time to go home yet and you haven't got any paperwork done. What's with the change of scenery, you bandaged wasting device?"

The brunet shortly smiled at his mentee. "I'll be sure to let Atsushi-kun, my ever reliable protege, to get it done today and the rest on the morrow."

Both the weretiger and the uptight blond just heaved a deep sigh. They absolutely knew where this is heading.

Kunikida just groaned. "Just don't forget to come to work." The brunet hummed and went out of the room.

"Is he finally going to commit a double-suicide with a woman this time?" Naomi nervously asked while glancing at all the members.

"I think it's not a woman this time. I have a hunch it's not even a woman he always want to commit a double-suicide with." The bob black-haired doctor remarked.

Naomi who looked at his brother expecting for a possible explanation was dumbfounded. Her brother just shrugged. "Don't ask me, I don't have any idea what's that supposed to mean."

"Let's just says he's not being completely honest all this time. Whether he himself doesn't even realize or he choose not to think about it, that's only for Dazai to know." Yosano-sensei skeptically stated. It seems everyone was in agreement with her.

"Dazai is Dazai after all. The best thing we need to do is just assist that bandaged freak whatever we can as possible." The idealist stated as a matter-of-fact.

"Couldn't agree more." The greatest detective commented while opening his another bag of chips to munch with. He was all ear, listening through the progress of the conversation without giving much of his opinion.

"Less words to say, huh." The doctor just snickered.

"I wouldn't like to spoil the fun, Yosano-sensei. Just don't forget to transfer the 10,000 yen you owe me."

"Later, later. Anyways, do you guys want to bet for another?" She stood, both her hands clasped with a confident smile on her lips.

Everyone shook their heads immediately.

"You guys are no fun!" The displeased doctor reclined to her seat.

"Yosano-sensei, please do lower your voice. Someone is already resting." The uptight blond reprimanded.

"What a mother hen." Yosano teased making our workaholic detective broke his 11th pen for this day.

Apparently, in case anyone fail to notice, the farm boy is now dozing off from his chair. His head comfortably resting on his arms, a soft blue blanket draped all over his shoulder.

Kenji was knocked off right in the middle of the conversation when the munching detective was kind enough to share some of his snacks (for the first time) to the depressed kid.