38

A/N: This is basically mackerel sharing most of his thoughts to the readers. Coz, why not?

Dazai's POV

Remembering the dubious things I've done for these passed few weeks makes me feel a little bit annoyed just all for the sake of this petite mafioso who still remained sound asleep.

I started poking his bony cheek (it used to have some flesh) to wake him up but he didn't budge. He was supposed to be a light sleeper.

Since my bed was fully occupied by the slug and my insomnia is still in a wild run, l decided to spend my time thinking on how this case came to be.

My prediction came true when the Port Mafia started to take action with regards to the case. The French Mafia openly declared war to the point of sending ridiculous invitations. Not even mentioning the bunch of posters plastered all of the districts of Yokohama. They sure have guts to provoke Mori and I commend them for that.

As to what the main goal of this criminal organization,I believe it's related to the chibi and his ability.

I have some varied conjectures.

One.

The group managed to extract the Arahabaki from Chuuya.

How did it happen? That must have been something to do with the person who call himself 'Dr. Hypnose'. I'm pretty sure he was the one who sent that disgusting letter with his initial D.H.

Instead of delivering it to the chibi, he deliberately sent it to me. For what sole reason? There's a lot I can came up with.

Two.

They failed to seize the God of Destruction.

It's the only possibility. They wouldn't be here just to stage a show.

To where this dangerous existence might be, is the biggest question. I made my research to the point that I didn't bother to take rest. But there were no news that speaks of its destructive power.

There's no way that it would suddenly vanished. Either it still lies dormant within the chibi's small body or took a form of itself.

I went to assert my first assumption and it turn out that it was not the case. Chuuya did lost his ability. I confirmed it by touching his hand countless time.

For the former, I still need time to look deeper into it. The personification of the malevolent god is no joke. It can cause destruction to the city and bring numerous death to the people of Yokohama.

The chibi will be the most affected if that will happened. He will absolutely take all the blame to himself. And I can't stand that.

But then again if the French Mafia was unsuccessful in containing the God of Destruction, the last probable resort would be to obtain the 'vessel' to capture Arahabaki.

I have to admit it's just a mere working hypothesis. But it's not the least impossible.

The chibi had merged with this death god for more than a decade. Finding another compatible vessel will be difficult if they wish to restrain and control its destructive power.

That's when Chuuya comes in.

As much as I don't wish to held him 'captive' (if that's the right word), I need to keep him under 'surveillance'. So needless to say, we have to get along at least until the end of this mission.

'Getting along' maybe is an understatement. Hopefully, he won't try to lose his cool and send me to hell.

My thoughts were disrupted when I saw the chibi stirred from the bed, his cerulean eyes slightly opened. Finally, the little fairy is awake.

"Hey there, chibi." I greeted. "It's now dawn. You sure took your time to rest on my bed."

"Whatever." He slowly rubbed his eyes to adjust his vision but failed. I watched him pulled himself up as he took a seat and raised his hand trying to reach onto something.

My body reacted on its own when I saw the chibi's frustrated face. My arm became his support as he's now having a hard time adjusting his eyesight to the dim light and the darkness surrounding the room.

I'm somewhat at fault since I switched the lights off. I was immersed in thinking that I completely forgot about his eye problem.

"Don't move around and just stay put. It will be troublesome if you end up having another accident." I refrained him from getting off of the bed.

I felt his hand tightened on my arm. "I can't see well in the dark." His voice trembled. I can sense the anxiety from his words.

Will a corneal transplant do the trick to restore his failing vision? Finding a compatible donor will take some time. There are also some random tests and procedures that need to be done before undergoing an eye surgery.

Another work added to the list.

"I removed your contact lens. It's dangerous to keep them when you're sleeping." I used my other hand to open the drawer of my bedside table and brought out a pair of rectangular frame eyeglasses. "Wear this." I put it on him immediately to prevent his protest. Surprisingly, he didn't. 

"You wear eyeglasses?" He asked looking straight at my direction.

"It's when I'm working." I replied shortly.

I heard him scoffed clearly not believing my words. "Right, as if you do."

I do want to start teasing him again but I stopped myself from doing so. I still need to have a solid answer.

"Chuuya..." He tilted his head, this time meeting my eyes. Calling his name gives him the signal that I am being serious for once and our conversation will be more important. It's like a 'Morse code' for us.

"What is it?" I saw him tensed up as he gripped the hem of my coat waiting for me to continue.

"Will you go to the mission with me?" My eyes gazing at him intently.

He looked down averting my gaze. "So I don't have choice." He stated with resignation.

"None." If I have to force him, so be it.

"I stil---Ack!" He hastily withheld his hand from me and touched his head groaning from pain.

I pulled him closer to examine his face. His countenance became paler. Cold sweats started to form around his face and neck.

"Is it another migraine?" He just shook his head. "Then wha---"

"Ren." I could see the mix of emotions displayed from his pale face. Anxiety, concern, pain. But fear is more dominant. "Da..zai...I...need to find...Ren..."

Hearing the name made me feel uncertain. "Another debt incurred and more needed explanations, Chuuya."