26

A/N: TYSM for the 1k+ views and the voters of this story.🙏😀

3rd' POV

Ango remained silent and just looked at the tall brunet drowned another glass of whiskey.

Their relationship had a fall-out and maybe he was not yet forgiven. Or maybe he will never be.

Explaining things now is meaningless and won't do any good. It's long overdue for that, isn't? The damage was done and mending everything at this point is futile.

A lot of things have changed since then. Be it on him and Dazai. Odasaku's death will always there to remind them both about it.

He stood from his seat and fixed his weary suit."I'll send the file tomorrow." Ango stated breaking the awkward silence.

"The French Mafia Organization. I also want their information." Dazai shortly glanced at his leaving companion.

"I'll try my best." Ango waved at the bartender to pay for their drinks which the brunet didn't bother to turn down. A little compensation from his long time friend wouldn't kill, right? It's a good start. "I'll be going ahead. You should go too after you're sober. You're drunk."

None of the two said their goodbyes.

The brunet just sat there and watched the silhouette of his drinking companion vanished from his sight.

"Do you plan on staying late, Dazai-san?" The old bartender politely asked the brunet.

The brunet courteously smiled in return. "I wish I could but I still have an important business I need to finish. I'll be going after I sober up a bit." The light on his eyes and his cheerful tone came back once more.

Moments later, Dazai thanked the old bartender for his genuine service. He stepped out from the bar and was lost from the crowd.

At exactly nine o'clock in the morning, the members of the ADA namely Atsushi, Kyouka together with Kenji rushed inside the agency building upon hearing the loud voice of the uptight blonde.

They didn't waste anymore time and went straight to their office where they witness the idealist gripping the collar of his partner while shaking him violently. The weretiger courageously stepped out to pacify the blond just to save his mentor from the verge of death.

"Kunikida-san, please calm down! You're going to kill Dazai-san." The blond released the brunet and sighed deeply.

"To think that I finally saw a good side of him. It turns out I'm completely mistaken." He annoyingly looked at his half-asleep partner. The brunet softly touched his aching head and rubbed his eyes ignorant about his almost near to death experience.

"Kunikida-kun, you've wounded me~~ Why are you so mad in the morning? I came to work as you told me~~" The brunet detective pouted and got (fake) teary eyes.

The blond snarled. "Don't act dumb, you waste of space!You clearly know what I'm talking about!" 

The weretiger was all confused."What do you mean, Kunikida-san?Isn't it a good thing that Dazai came to work without being late for the first time?"

"Yes he's not late for the first time, Atsushi. Because he just made the office his resting place." He pointed at the unkept couch and the unfolded blue blanket laying on the floor.

The farm boy went to grab his blanket and gave a puzzled look to the brunet. Dazai made an apologetic smile. "My bad, Kenji-kun. There's no other blanket to spare, so I just used one of yours."

"It's okay Dazai-san. But next time you used it, please fold it neatly." Kenji answered with a genuine smile.

"I was about to. If not for Kunikida-kun who tried to kill me early in the morning~~" The brunet reasoned out.

His uptight partner almost popped a vein from the statement and glared daggers at him. "I will really try to end your miserable life if you don't sh*t your sh*tty mouth."

The brunet's eyes automatically sparkled. "Sure~~ Just do it swiftly as possible. I like to die peacefully without feeling any pain~"

"YOU, SUICIDAL MANIAC! I'M GOING TO STRANGLE YOU TO DEATH!" The angry idealist stomped his feet going towards his partner if not for the weretiger who act fast enough to hold him down (again).

"Kunikida-san, please calm down! You know Dazai-san didn't really mean it. He's just messing around as always." The weretiger tried his best to explain only to save his good-for-nothing mentor.

The blond massaged his temple and went to adjust his pair of eyeglasses. "Hmp...He better be or I'll be the one to mess his petty life at this very moment." Kunikida found his way to his desk and took a seat on his chair.

Seeing there's no any damage done. The two kids, Kyouka and Kenji went downstairs to have their breakfast at Uzumaki Cafe while Atsushi remained in the room just in case there will be an unexpected bloody situation occurs.

"Now tell me what brings you to sleep in the office, you waste of bandages?" The interrogation then started.

"I'm waiting for an email. You see, I don't have a computer in my apartment, so why not use the laptop here at the office." The brunet casually said and took his seat on the couch.

"You dare to use the agency's laptop for your personal correspondence!" The blond pointed his finger at his partner and shot a deathly glare.

The brunet dramatically gasped. "Don't accuse me like that, Kunikida-kun~~ It's for the sake of operation Chibi."

The idealist crossed his arms over his chest and eyed the brunet suspiciously."You better be telling the truth or I'll slice your throat."

"Of course, actually the email that I've been waiting for will be send to me right at this very moment." Just after that, a notification bell was heard.

Dazai went to his desk and looked through the screen of his laptop. "See? Didn't I told you so, Kunikida-kun~~" The brunet mischievously grinned.