03

3rd's Person POV

The whole team stared at Dazai. They all are waiting earnestly for an answer. The bandage freak is the only one who can prove if it is really Chuuya, Yosano had encountered in the hospital after all.

Dazai just made a nonchalant smile and answered. "He might be Chuuya, I supposed."

"Huh?!... Is that all?" Kunikida fixed his pair of eye glasses eyeing furiously at Dazai.

Dazai just shrugged his shoulder. "Yes. I mean Yosano-sensei won't be mistaken since Chibi is quite unique. There's only one slug who looks like that in the universe.But..." He paused and didn't continue.

"But what, Dazai-san?" Atsushi then asked.

"But it was puzzling." Ranpo was the one who answered.

"Could you guys please spill the bean already?" Kenji can't helped but to butt in.

"Well, I have my own deduction for this." Ranpo eyed at Dazai to get his permission to continue. Dazai just nodded. "Let say, Yosano-sensei is right. Mr. Fancy Hat is indeed in the hospital but he was not there as a patient , since he's ability won't let him be wounded. The only possible explanation is he's there because of work, but it contradicts with everything."

"What do you mean by that, Ranpo-san?" Kunikida looked at the other eyed-glasses person in the room who's now into his lollipop.

"Oh geez, Kunikida-kun~~~don't tell me you finally exhausted you brain cells due to working non-stop." Dazai started teasing him.

"Don't start sh*tty Dazai! Enough with the suspense and tell us now."

"Hot headed as ever, Kunikida-kun~~." Dazai cleared his throat. "Chuuya hates hospital. He will never set foot on the place even if he's sick and almost dying."

"Then why is he there?" Naomi can't helped but be curious too.

"Hmm, maybe he did undergo some changes and didn't loathe the hospital anymore. For who knows he might be working there now. I mean, we haven't since him appear together with the Port Mafia. He just vanished for 2 years." Tanizaki shyly scratched his nose."Hehe. Just me constantly guessing."

Ranpo immediately stood up and pointed his lollipop at Tanizaki. "Hey! Don't you dare snatched my position!"

"Sorry Ranpo-san, that was just---"

"That's a wild statement, Tanizaki-kun. But it's not completely senseless." Yosano wickedly smiled at the orangehead which made the person jolt. "Maybe you will let me run down a brain scan on you."

"Yosano-sensei, don't bully, onii-sama! Mou!" Naomi then dragged her beloved brother outside the office.

"Nao--naomi, wai--"

The door shut off leaving the others behind.

"Protective as ever." Yosano just grinned at Naomi's action."Well I'll better go to the infirmary. I need to read this medical report. I'll make an update if I stumble with Mr. Executive again." The statement was aimed at Dazai and he knows very well what the doctor is implying.

"So does that mean to say that the rumor was true?" Kyouka looked at Dazai wanting to receive an explanation.

"I'm not sure about." Dazai just give her a vague response.

"What rumor, Kyouka-chan?" The weretiger looked  confused.

"There's been this undying rumor that Nakahara-san left the Port Mafia but there's no official statement from their boss. The President didn't make any comments about it either. So we didn't pressed upon it, Atsushi." Kunikida explained.

"Eh?! Does that mean it was lie all along?" Kenji started whining. "I thought Chuuya-san was in a long mission. Tachihara said that it's an important mission from their boss. To think I've wasted 2 years waiting."

"Yosano-sensei might have an enormous luck that she even met Mr. Fancy Hat." Ranpo remarked.

"Well, Yosano-sensei is the only one here who goes to the hospital after all. So it might be indeed a coincidence that she met him." The blonde jotted some notes on his notebook.

"Dazai-san..." Atsushi looked at the tall brunet. "Aren't you curious about what happened to Chuuya-san?"

"Pfft!" Dazai couldn't helped but held out a laugh. "That was nice, Atsushi-kun. I haven't had a goo--ouch! That hurts Kunikida-kun~~~my poor head~~~"

"Oi, sh*tty Dazai. Be serious for once." Kunikida just hit his bandaged partner with a notebook.

Dazai's POV

It's not that I'm not interested in the matter. It's the case of the Chibi after all.

Seeing them making a fuss about the slimy slug really amuses me. The hatrack really made his way with them, huh.

"What's your stand on this, Dazai?" Kunikida looked at me seriously.

"I don't have any~~~" I used my playful tone, as always.

"You're really..." Kunikida just sighed in defeat. "I'll talk to Fukuzawa-san. You go on with your report Atsushi. Come with me, shitty Dazai." He grabbed me by my collar and dragged me towards the President office.

"Kunikida-kun~~~not to hard please." I looked at him with puppy eyes which he hated the most. He then released me.

"Enough! You waste of bandages!" He started walking ahead.

"Kunikida..." I stopped before reaching the President's office.

"What?" He turned his head on me.

"You can talk to Fukuzawa-san. I need to go somewhere else." He blinked and adjusted his pair of eyeglasses.

"Whatever. Just be sure to come to work tomorrow...and don't be late!"

The door closed and I started walking out of the agency.

It's time to pay her a visit.

He's a Mafioso (Book 1)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara