46

3rd's POV

The brunet stared incredulously at his rival. "Have you ever heard of the human invention called 'plane'?" It was a given that the petite mafioso, having lost his ability, cannot just levitate and force his way in that gigantic airship.

"Don't talk about history class with me! I know what a f*cking plane is! What I'm trying to say is where on the parts of the earth can we find one!" The ginger hollered.

Dazai just snickered and flipped his phone. "I just asked my dear friend Ango to provide us one. No need to lose your temper over this, chibi."

"How come him again?" The petite mafia grunted.

"Well, he's the most useful right now. That's the perks of having someone working in the government."

Chuuya gave him an eye rolled. "Yeah right. So when will that plane of yours arrive?"

"Inpatient, are we Chuuya? The answer to your worry will be here any moment now." The mackarel stated with much confidence. Just as Dazai then concluded, a roving jetplane was spotted by the ginger approaching their location. "Ah! My calculation is never wrong~ Truly, you should praise my brilliance and intelligence~" The beanpole touched his forehead and glanced at his former partner with a pompous smile on his face.

The petite mafioso refrained himself from pulverizing the face of the bandaged b*stard. "I was not born to appease your large ego, you self-conceited id*ot." The ginger muttered under his breath.

The beanpole wiggled his eyebrows and made a mischievous grin. "You will soon, chibi~"

Chuuya growled and shot a glare towards his rival. "Oh please, will you just sh*t it!"

Dazai raised both of his hands as a form of (fake) surrender and happily obliged.

The duo then awaited in silence for the plane to land on the ground. Not a minute passed by when a slender woman with a light cyan hair and a pair of lavander-purple eyes, wearing a gray suit coat, stepped out.

"Ah! If it's not Mizuki-chan!~" The brunet cooed. "It's been a long time since the Dead Apple case, how have you been?~"

The agent woman made a slight bowed. "I'm doing good, Dazai-san." She shifted her gaze to the petite mafioso. "I hope you're doing well, Nakahara-san."

"I was, if not for a nuisance living bandage freak, that is nearby." Chuuya stated with sarcasm which the beanpole didn't even mind.

"Sakaguchi-san tasked me to bring the plane for the mission. It is equipped with an autopilot and is complete with safety gear and equipment. " The agent didn't ponder much about the satirical statement and just briefed.

"That would be very helpful for us, Mizuki-chan~"

"Hmm...before anything else, which of you have an experience in piloting a jetplane?" The most important question was dropped. The annoying mackerel glanced wittingly at his rival whom in return gave him a confused look.

"What?...Wait! Wait! Don't tell me you expect me to maneuver that flying machine?!" The ginger protested having guess the meaning behind the look.

"Oh so you mean to say you don't know how?~" Dazai gasped dramatically with his hand covering his mouth. "To think that I even vouched for your credibility that you can move any vehicles with your skill. It seems I'm utterly mistaken~"

"Driving motorbikes and four wheels is entirely different, you piece of sh*t! It's another thing when you're doing it on air!"

"But the science in maneuvering vehicles whether it would be land or on air, has the same basic principle~ Does that mean your skill is in such a mediocre level that you can't apply this method?~" Dazai mocked the ginger.

"Did you just insult me?!" Chuuya yelled at the brunet.

The beanpole just waved his hand lazily. "I meant no such thing~"

Tsujimura looked at the infamous double black with uneasiness. She someone blamed herself for asking a ridiculous question. "It's okay. No need to argue about this." She waved her hands frantically. "I can actually do it for you guys."

The furious ginger raised his hand indignantly dismissing the offer. "I appreciate your help, Tsujimura. But I will do it myself."

"But Nakahara-san are you sure about this?" The agent asked with uncertainty. Not only she might fail her assignment but she may need to answer for her superior in case there will be an unforeseeable problem that may result in making an inexperience person pilot a jetplane. Seriously, she is quite in a dilemma.

"Trust me when I say so." The ginger stated firmly. He knew that the annoying fish just lured him into a trap, but his pride couldn't accept the humiliation. The mafioso will let the brunet eat his words.

Dazai clapped his hands smiling from ear to ear. It's his win after all. "Then it's decided. Mizuki-chan, you can leave the piloting to the chibi~"

"But--but..." Tsujimura torn between wanting to protest or to agree with the ridiculous idea eventually sighed.  "Okay. If you happen to need any assistance, do call me." She pulled out a small card from her pocket and handed it to the ginger.

"Sure do." Chuuya slipped the card to the side pocket of his trouser and walked towards the flying machine.

"I'm kinda worry about this, Dazai-san. You shouldn't have provoked Nakahara-san too much. " The agent gave an anxious look to the brunet detective.

"No need to concern yourself over this, Mizuki-chan. In fact, I have a task for you that needs your prior attention. You see, my blond partner will be here soon. He will be quite devastated if he finds that the person he's been painstakingly searching is gone. So, you need to be here when he shows up." The beanpole instructed.

"Sakaguchi-san told me to leave once I finished my job." Tsujimura looked at the brunet with a baffled expression.

"Relax, I already told Ango that I require an assistance from his team~ Rest assured this is a part of the case~" Dazai went ahead to inform.

Tsujimura just nodded deciding not to press the matter any further.  "What should I do?"

"Simple~ When Kunikida-kun comes, you two will follow to provide us some back up~"

"We need another plane for that. I will need to ask Sakaguchi-san to dispatch one more." The agent pointed out.

"You can let my partner handle that. He needs to practice working his brain. And be sure to relay my every word to him~" The brunet detective stated humorously.

"Oh...okay." Was the only response she could say. Tsujimura could only hope that the blond detective won't take this thing against her.

"Well then, good luck in your new assignment, Mizuki-chan~" Dazai winked and smiled which the agent returned by a simple nod.

"OI, DAZAI!" The ginger, who was still waiting for the brunet,  hollered. "STOP WITH YOUR FLIRTING AND GET YOUR SH*TTY ASS IN HERE!"

"Eh~But I'm just saying my goodbye!~" The brunet whined walking towards the mafia executive.

"Says the person who always want to commit a double suicide with women!"

Dazai shook his head and snickered. "Oh, no need to be jealous, chibi!"

"Who the hell is jealous, b*stard?!"

Hearing the two rivals engrossed in their heated conversation (a.k.a bickering), the agent just shrugged and refused to think about the kind of relationship the two might have. After all, it's not her business to judge.