15. Shot (Y/n x Gallaghers)

Word Count: 843

Info: Y/n got shot....

Y/n x Gallaghers

3rd Person POV

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Carl was heading home after a tired day. As he got home, there was no one. Strange.

Ring!

Carl's phone rang. It was Debbie.

"Carl?" She said worry in her voice.

"Debbie, what happened?"

"We were on our way home," she said, trying to remain calm. "And Frank's stupid friends were waiting for us at the house, and they got out of their car and started shooting."

"What did Frank do this time?"

"I think he owns them money..."

"Did someone get shot?"

"Y/n... she got shot...."

Carl's whole body froze, his twin was shot. He wanted to ask where was she shot. How was she doing, but couldn't somehow.

Debbie as if read his mind mentioned, "They shot her in her leg."

"Oh okay," Carl said a little relieved it was not too serious.

Debbie continued, "And then they shot her in the head."

As Debbie said that, Carl's body just let go, it somehow stopped functioning.

"Carl? You there?" Debbie's voice was heard from the other side of the phone.

It was a complete vacuum sound, and then Carl started crying. He collapsed in sobs. If only Carl's future self could see him like this, he would slap him and say, "That shit's not worth crying for, man up go to the hospital."

The cry was an expression of raw pain that came from the inability of his body to express the pain in any other way, shape, or form. Y/n was his twin sister. She was his teammate. It had always been him and her together, him and her against the world.

Then he got the strength and drove to the hospital. Maybe his future self did tell him to stop crying tears and make it to the hospital.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Carl finally got to the hospital and hugged Debbie.

As he embraced her in a hug, Debbie cried too. She tried to act so tough and strong, but she couldn't anymore. She cried because of helplessness, Carl cried because of anger and pain.

Carl finally ran into the emergency room. Y/n was there. Doctors were stabilizing her. Her whole body was soaked in blood.

She was calm and serene, her eyes were slightly open and she turned and looked at him.

"It's okay," was all Y/n said to him.

"It's not okay," Carl whispered back.

"No, no," she spoke in between breaths, "I'm okay, go to Debbie."

"But-"

"It's okay, don't worry, go be with Debbie," she paused for a second to take a breath, "she needs you."

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

The doctors kept working and there was nothing much Carl or Debbie could do. Others arrived too. All of them sat in the waiting room and waited in anticipation.

Debbie told everyone the story. She and Y/n came back from grocery shopping, and a strange car was parked outside. But since it's the southside, they didn't think much of it.

As they got out, the men also got out of the car and approached them with a gun in their hands.

They yelled how Frank ruined their life and took their money away. It seemed as if they were drunk too. Being under the influence, they started shooting impetuously.

Debbie was able to run away, but Y/n got shot in the way. When the men approached to shoot her one more time, the gun just misfired again, and again, and again.

No one understood why it misfired, but luckily it did. As the men checked what happened to the gun, Y/n got up and ran to Debbie, on the way the men shot one last time and ran away since they heard police sirens.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

The doctor finally came out.

"How is she?" everyone asked standing up from their seats.

"She is stable," the doctor said, "she's out of surgery."

"Is she going to be okay?"

"Yeah, she is fine. The bullet that hit leg didn't do much damage. The second bullet went through the back of her head, entering below the skull at the top of her neck. It missed the spinal cord by hair and missed every major vein, artery, and nerve. She miraculously survived."

Everyone was so relieved.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Y/n got out of the hospital in a few days and came home safely.

That was the time when Carl was the most worried for her.

"Did you seriously cry?" Joked Y/n on the way back.

"I was worried!" Carl immediately defended himself.

"Awww... so you do care?" Y/n teased.

"Nah, I was just sad that the groceries did not survive," Carl answered sarcastically.

Y/n started tickling him, "Don't lie, I know you were worried."

"Are you gonna arrest me for caring for my own sister?" Carl giggled.

"Maybe..." laughed Y/n and rested her head on Carl's shoulder, "Sorry that I scared you."

"I'm not forgiving," joked Carl.

"Asshole," Y/n slightly hit him on the shoulder.

"I'm glad the twins are the same," remarked Fiona.