6. A Hug (Y/n x Carl)

Word Count: 699

Info: Carl did not feel okay after Nick killing that boy and getting arrested. He went to Y/n for help.

Y/n x Carl

3rd Person POV

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

With fear in his eyes, he knocked on her door hoping that she would be home.

Knock
Knock
Knock

He knocked exactly three times and waited. A few seconds later the door opened. She was standing there in her home clothes and a book in her hands.

"Y/n..." he whispered smiling at the thought of being near her.

"Carl..." she whispered back.

After just a few seconds of eye contact, she finally realized that he was standing outside while she was inside.

Y/n opened the door wider and told him to come inside. As soon as he entered he hugged her. Hugged her as tight as he could, but also made sure not to hurt her.

He breathed in her ear and smelled her hair. When finally he calmed down he let go of a hug.

"Can I stay here tonight?" He asked.

"Of course." She said not bothering to ask what happened.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Y/n sat up at a tea table. They drank tea and warmed up. No one said anything. Both of them were silent.

Carl did not have the mood to talk and express what he was feeling right now. Everything was messed up. The only thing that he could think of was that little boy's dead body.

Y/n, on the other hand, did not want to bother him. She understood that he was going through some hard times. She was going to wait as much as it needed for him to feel free to tell her.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

"Thank you," said Carl when Y/n was about to leave the guest room, where he was staying.

Y/n smiled weakly and said, "If you wanna talk about it, I will be in my room."

He gave her a small smile back. He turned around, faced the wall, and kept thinking about the boy and his lifeless body lying there.

Only a single thought about it made him sick in the stomach.

Just a few minutes thinking about it made him feel like he was going to throw up.

He ran to the bathroom and stared at his reflection. He splashed some water on his face and felt a little relaxed.

But no matter what, he could not stop thinking about that.

As he exited the bathroom he went to Y/n's room. Slowly opening the door he saw her lying on her bed. The lights were off.

"Y/n..." he whispered checking if she was awake.

Y/n groaned and turned around to see Carl standing there and looking at the floor.

"Hey..." she whispered back and sat on her bed.

Carl sat next to her and still looked at his feet.

"Something happened today," murmured Carl remembering the dead body, "something really bad, you know."

Y/n held his hands and made him look at her. "You can tell me anything."

Taking a deep breath he finally told her everything about how Nick killed that little boy.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

"I want to get out of the drug business," said Carl at the end of the story.

With shaking hands and feet Y/n scanned Carl, his facial expressions, and body movements.

It took her a few seconds to completely process what she had just heard.

Was she scared?
Yes.

Did she need to show it?
No.

Trying to hide the fear in her face, she hugged Carl. Embracing him in a gentle hug.

It was one of those long hugs that let Carl forget what was happening around him.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Y/n had millions of questions and many concerns, she wanted to say something, maybe lecture him as to why he joined the gang in the first place, but she didn't.

She knew how it feels to be lectured when all you need is a hug.

So she hugged him tight, holding him in her arms. His head rested on her shoulder while she just closed her eyes and lived in a moment.

Sometimes people just need a hug. No words. No advice. Just a hug.