10. Sick (Y/n x Carl)

Word Count: 559

Info: Y/n and Carl have been dating for a while now and this is the first time Y/n got sick.

Y/n x Carl

Y/n's POV

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

I woke up this morning feeling very sick. My headache was not leaving me alone and I could not even open my eyes. I felt so tired and all I wanted to do was to sleep.

Today I had plans to go out with Carl, but apparently, I have to cancel them.

I rolled over in bed groaning as my head was pounding, only to be met by a different type of pounding. My alarm went on. I grabbed it and finally made it to stop ringing.

I called Carl. Waiting for Carl to answer, I grabbed a thermometer and started measuring my temperature.

"Hello?" said Carl.

"Oh hi," I smiled a little.

"Your voice seems off, did something happen?"

"I just don't feel good, I gotta cancel our plans, sorry," I felt so bad for canceling our plans.

"Hey, it's okay," Carl tried to reassure me, "Get better."

I smiled and answered, "Thank you."

As I hung up the phone, I looked at the thermometer: 38 Celsius (100.4 F)

"Shit..." I groaned and got up to grab medicine and make myself tea.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚
As I was making tea, I heard someone knocking.

Opening the door I saw Carl standing on my front porch with flowers.

"Aww, you didn't have to," I said while taking the flowers.

"Well, when my girlfriend is sick, I need to make her feel better," smiled Carl and kissed my forehead. I smiled at the sense of his lips touching my skin. I totally forgot how shitty I felt when I was with him.

"You're hot, did you measure your temperature?"

"Like an hour ago it was 38 Celsius (100.4 F)."

"You go lay down and measure it again, I'll make you something to eat and drink."

*ੈ✩‧₊˚
As I measured and looked at the thermometer, Carl entered with a mug of tea, and a bowl of rice while also bringing Tylenol for me.

"Let me see," he said grabbing the thermometer. "Babe, you have 38.5 C now (101.3 F)."

"I'm not feeling that well," as I said I adjusted my seat and closed my eyes.

"Take the Tylenol and drink the tea please," Carl sat next to me and played with my hair.

All I wished for now was to lay in his arms all day. I leaned my head back and looked at the tea with a slight smile.

"Just rest," he whispered. I wanted to respond but I was too tired to speak so I just hummed back to him.

Carl pulled me into his chest and held onto me not wanting to let go. I was starting to feel much better already. Was it the medicine or him? I could slowly feel myself start to fall asleep in his arms.

Before I could close my eyes completely, I looked at his eyes and smiled.

"I love you," I whispered with a small smile on my face before placing my head back on his chest.

He pulled me a little closer and whispered back, "I love you too."

And just like that, I fell asleep not caring anymore about my headache and my sickness. I felt safe and sound with him.