Part 9: A Leprechaun!

Start from the beginning

Coming down the stairs we took another cover behind medical beds that were around the room. Two army drones came crashing threw the doors as they began to search for us. I knew that they were about to find us. 

The second lasers were painted at Cade I pushed myself off the ground and attacked the two drones. Immediately they began to fire back so I created a shield around us. 

Cade: "Riley!" 

From the corner of my left eye, I saw that he was pointing his gun at one of the drones so I removed the shield on the left so he could shoot one of the drones down. The other droid began to fly towards me with great speed but before he could get me I blasted it against the wall. 

Izabella: "Another one!" 

Jimmy: "I got this!" 

Cade: "What are you doing?" 

Bullets began to fly and I took cover behind the pillar together with Cade. His back was against the pillar as I was standing in front of him. Jimmy was standing on the other side of the pillar with his hands up in the air and front of the drone. 

Me: "What are you doing Jimmy?!" 

Jimmy: "It's using facial recognition." 

Cade: "Are you crazy?!" 

Me: "Insane?!" 

Jimmy: "Stay behind me!"

He ran past us to another side but just as he was about to put his hands in the air he was shot down by the drone who used a beanbag on him. Taking the opportunity for Cade to shoot the drone down I ran up to Jimmy. 

Me: "What were you thinking?" 

Cade: "Are you okay?" 

Grunting and heavy breaths were coming out of his mouth. 

Jimmy: "Cade, I just want to let you know. I love you men." 

Cade: "What?" 

Jimmy: "This job wasn't what I thought, but I appreciate everything." 

Cade: "What are you doing?" 

Jimmy: "I am dying." 

Me: "It's only a beanbag. You will be fine." 

His eyes immediately winded in shock. 

Jimmy: "There is no hole?!" 

He asked as he began to look for the wound on his chest. 

Cade: "No. There is no blood, no nothing. Will you get up and stop acting like a hero!" 

Me: "Let's get moving. Come on Izi." 

Coming out of the church we began to run once more. 

Cade: "Come on, that building over there!" 

The drones were still after us so we decided to take a cover in the biggest building in the city. We needed to take down the biggest drone who had the be the leader. We take that one down and we will get rid of others. The moment we stepped into the elevator Jimmy screamed. 

Jimmy: "OMG!!! A leprechaun!" 

Turning around I saw a robot standing in the elevator. It was the size of a human with big blue eyes. 

Cade: "Who the hell are you?" 

Robot: "Leprechauns are tiny, green, and Irish, and that is offensive. What are you looking at, little girl?" 

Cade: "What are you looking at?" 

Me: "Who are you?" 

Robot: "Hello Mrs. Pax. I have been sent to collect you." 

Cade: "Collect her?" 

Robot: "That's right." 

Me: "If that's so go in line." 

Robot: "I can't wait that long Mrs. Pax." 

Cade: "Oh, you are not collecting shit." 

Cade was about to push a robot away but the robot began to fight him. Cade was about to grab a robot but robots began to fight back. He blocked Cade's hands and when he was punching Cade I saw that he wasn't hurting him. He knew how to fight but he did not use any force. Cade took a step back.

Cade: "Woah man. Slow down!"

Robot: "So you want to play rough!?" 

Suddenly the elevator doors opened and Cade was blasted out of the elevator threw the glass window, by the drone that came at me but Cade pushed me away. 

Me: "CADE!" 

He was holding onto the droid for dear life as the droid was trying to get him off. 

Izabella: "NO!" 

Jimmy: "Shit!" 

Robot: "Oh I am so clumsy!" 

Jimmy: "Is he still alive?!" 

Izabella: "Hold on!" 

Jimmy: "Is he still living?!?" 

He yelled as he was trying to get the elevator to work. The drone had to break it before he got in. 

Robot: "No, he's going to die!" 

I was about to start using my powers when I felt something dripping down my lips. Removing it with my hand I saw that it was blood. No, not now. 

Robot: "OH BY THE PRIMUS YOU ARE BLEEDING!" 

He yelled as he looked at me with his optics quite as big as before. 

Me: "Hold on Cade!" 

Izabella: "Can't you help him?" 

At that moment the elevator began to work and I began to look for Cade in the air. Seeing him crash the drone into the roof he began to slide down without stopping. I was trying to use my powers but it wasn't working. Just as he began to feel he grabbed a hold of an old light. Hearing the drone approaching I became really worried. 

Me: "Cade another one!" 

The moment the drone came flying towards him Cade began to swing and just as the droid began to shoot at him he let go of the old light and fell onto another roof. More drones were coming our way. 

Me: "Run Cade!" 

At that moment I felt my powers coming back to me and I began to shoot down the drones that were coming after Cade. He used one to crash on the ground and as he touched the ground I blasted the drone before it could escape. Suddenly feeling the electricity a scream left my mouth and my powers that came out of me destroyed all the drones around us.