Chapter 20

Lucy glanced at the guild and smirked before turning to her mate her eyes a glowing gold as the Celestial Spirit king spoke through her "Achnologia is becoming a problem the council of gods has decided that he will be erased" The guild members out...

Lucy glanced at the guild and smirked before turning to her mate her eyes a glowing gold as the Celestial Spirit king spoke through her "Achnologia is becoming a problem the council of gods has decided that he will be erased" The guild members outside of the guild watched in horror as the sky turned black and the sun vanished replaced only by the stars and a large constellation that Yukino gasped at and dropped to her knee. While she was no longer a celestial mage, she stayed aware of the legends.

Zeref watched the sky as he faded before accepting his defeat and closing his eyes for the last time. Lucy stood with her brood watching as the three pillars of magic appeared and Acnologia was summoned to be tried. The man looked around dismissively before trying to turn into his dragon form only to be turned human forcefully.

Dark magic energy was sensed as the unnamed personification stepped forward "You have upset the balance of the magic you wield while dark it was not intended to be used for evil, I pass judgment" The dragon slayers flinched once they understood the implications of the council while the light mages clung to their partners unable to handle the increasing pressure and dark magic they sensed. Its voice was cold almost holding nothing but negativity and anger "Guilty" Then the bell rang loudly echoing in the ears of the mages watching on in horror. The being stepped back and spoke "MiraJane Strauss, Freed Justine, Rouge Cheney, you have pleased me" As the being returned to his place the three mentioned almost fell to their knees in relief.

Then the personification of light stepped forward causing many to lower their eyes and those with darker affinities to shift behind their partners. Sting found himself completely in front of Rouge as the Shadow Dragon slayer avoided the pure being of light magic. Its voice was innocent almost child-like and a bit feminine it bothered him when it spoke. "The magic you wielded before was my gift to you being a dragon slayer was our gift to you and you abused it you defiled my gift; my light does not mean pure. Yet you somehow convinced the soulmate I gave you that it was and broke your bond and so I pass judgment". The air grew thin as the being's voice became toneless before declaring "Guilty" 

Again the sound of the bell echoed and the being turned "Cana Alberona, Sting Eucliffe, Makarov Dreyar you have pleased me well" Like it's partner the being returned to its place finally another stepped forward "I am the balance of magic neutrality The gift of dragon-slaying magic was a mixture of all three while you have failed light and darkness you seek destruction and attempted to destroy the balance of magic as such I declare you guilty" This time the bells rang in threes and the being seemed pleased with itself before turning to Lucy "Daughter of the stars you are truly neutral you have pleased me and so has your brood we expect much form you all".

Lucy bowed and watched as the three beings vanished taking Achnologia with them the sky returned to normal, and the sun shone brightly while Lucy turned to Zeref's fading corpse and whispered a soft prayer. "May his soul find peace" As the blonde turned back to her husband she was pulled into a deep and passionate kiss as many others celebrated their victory. Natsu looked on with sad eyes as Lucy and Laxus shared a moment of love and joy before looking up at the sky.

 "Happy let's go home" The fire dragon slayer left as the citizens returned safe and sound marvelling at the lack of damage to the town and the bruises on their mages. They watched as the defeated soldiers who still lived were escorted away by royal soldiers and many were pleased that they were safe.

Wendy stood close to Taurus who had changed out of his uniform and hidden his mark before pulling the taller mage down and into a jaw-dropping kiss "I love you too you self-sacrificing idiot". Lucy raised an eyebrow at the title but decided that she would get the full story later Ophiuchus walked over and bowed "Milady I shall return now" Lucy nodded and kissed the woman's head "You did me proud."

 The woman turned to Laxus who also kissed her head "You honoured our family." Understanding the words the woman nodded and teleported away. Lisanna glanced at Bixlow and smiled widely before tackling the man "We have a wedding to plan now" The seith mage grinned and nodded before rushing into the guild with her in his arms. Cana however looked at her cards and then at Lucy "You knew didn't you" The blonde gazed at her friend and nodded "Natsu made his choice let him live with it.

Cana knew that while their family was celebrating, she should stay quiet and agreed before entering the guild hall. In a few years maybe then he would be ready but now all they could do was let him mourn what he had lost.

Author's Note

So instead of the battle, I decided why not give Achnologia magical judgment. As you can see he was guilty and they took him for punishment. As for Lucy please remember she is not Natsu's anything anymore. 

She has moved on and is happy while he is now understanding what he gave up when he left. Lucy is more knowledgeable due to her becoming the daughter of the stars or the Celestial Ambassador she is the Celestial Spirit King's chosen medium and she holds knowledge many thought lost. 

As for her status as neutral while her magic seems light I have maintained that it is neutral as there is a darker side to it which Lucy can and has harnessed. Finally, Cana is keeping certain predictions to herself and Lucy is a diviner through her magic allowing her to stop Cana from interfering with Natsu's fate as she wants him to acknowledge that actions have consequences.