Chapter 3

Lucy watched silently as Laxus and Wendy each go to their separate wings before walking towards her own, ensuring her runes are still up she makes her way into her private training room

Lucy watched silently as Laxus and Wendy each go to their separate wings before walking towards her own, ensuring her runes are still up she makes her way into her private training room. Leonia stands inside dressed completely in black.

 As Lucy closes the door behind her the runes activate to hide their magic presence. "Shall we begin?" Leonia says her eyes firmly on the blonde. Lucy nods and walks directly into the ring, the bodyguard lunges at her sword drawn and Lucy moves out of the way to focus on her magic, she summons her whip and uses it to grab the sword sending it halfway across the room. Mumbling a series of spells under her breath as she dodges every attempt Leonia makes to hit her.

"You can't continue dodging me Miss Lucy," Leonia says as he summons her sword to her hand "Or you will get hit" The woman sends Lucy a sly smirk but is surprised when Lucy mirrors it a lash comes from behind sending her into the wall but before she can get up Lucy's whip wraps around her and sends her flying into the opposite direction. 

Raising her head, she sees her namesake Leo the lion in front of her. 'Crap when did she summon him' There is a bright glow before her mistress stands in front of her dressed in what looks to me like a blue and yellow bikini with a skirt and frills across her collarbone is a sign of her favourite key.

Leonia jumps up quickly swiping at the celestial spirit only for him to call on Regulus temporarily blinding her long enough for Lucy to gather her magic "Aqua Metria" It hits her like a wave of bricks taking her out of the training ring. "Session completed" Leonia states as she slowly raises her body off the ground wincing at every movement "It seems you have completed your star dress training for Aquarius we will start on the others tomorrow evening."

Leo observed Leonia and nodded in approval "You are fast and deadly with your blade why did you not use your magic in this fight?" The woman looked at the lion spirit in surprise she has known him to be a flirt, but it seems that he has his serious moments. Glancing at her mistress who nods she speaks "Time of Arc magic comes at a price with the bigger spells after all you know the fate of my cousin Ultear"

Realization appears on the man's face as he suddenly understands why she feels so familiar "I limit the spells I use based on the scale in addition to that Miss. Lucy is slowly becoming more and more impervious to my magic as an after-effect of being part of the infinity clock." Leo turned to Lucy with a look of horror on his face. He had no idea that the clock had left some of its effects on her looking at her closely he observed her aura and pinpointed what the effect was "Your ageing, it's slowed" Lucy nodded before glancing at Leonia "I know you have to go home and take care of the others so go home Leonia" the woman nodded and left the room leaving Lucy with her spirit.

"How much has it slowed?" Loke asked with a small frown on his face "How long was I in the clock." Lucy asked causing Loke to pale "A few days for the most" Lucy nodded "My body won't age quickly due to the clock and my celestial magic it would take a full ten years for my body to age like normal" Loke nodded before returning to the celestial spirit world.

He walked towards the main area where the Celestial Spirit King sat with a look of contemplation on his face "So Anna's descendant will be alive for a long time and she has proven herself worthy so teach her everything even our secrets she is a trusted friend" All of her contracted spirits nodded while three of the twelve keys in her possession seemed happier and suddenly left.

"It seems that Lucy decided to summon them."

Libra was the first to appear her eyes glued to the woman in front of her, she looked so much like Anna. Pieces appeared in a flush of gold eagerly awaiting its new contract and Ophiuchus took on her nurse form and silently measured up the mage in front of her. Lucy however just smiled "Hello I'm your new contractor Lucy," she handed them a book with a pen "Write down your terms and contract even the days you wish to be summoned" 

The three spirits huddled together looking through the book and quickly deciding their schedule before handing it to Lucy who frowned "You have no days off why?" Libra spoke for the group "Should we? Miss Yukino summoned us often" Lucy sighed and looked at the days "Pick at least one day for you to rest" Once again all three circled the book and picked Saturday Lucy nodded in agreement before making the official verbal contract with them and watching as they faded away.

Now she would be able to take a nap, she left the training room and made her way to her bedroom, a room she had not been in her bedroom since she returned. Instead, she had opted to sleep in the bedroom connected to her office. Leonia and Mireille had completely redone her room, understanding that the space had once been a lonely space for her, opening the large white doors Lucy walked into the room and gasped.

She liked blue she did, but she liked darker colours as she had embraced blacks, golds and purples which were among her favourite colours. Leonia and Mireille had kept that in mind the floors were white with blue walls and gold linings. But when she focused she could feel the magic of the walls and furniture. The room was set to change depending on her preference based on her magic and mood.

Being a Celestial Mage was hard most saw their magic as purely light and another form of summoning magic, however, where there was light there must be darkness and celestial magic had a dark side. Few celestial mages existed because of that. The pain of summoning and trying not to lose yourself in the darkness was hard and many had lost the privilege of using magic due to not being able to handle these things. Lucy, however, had long accepted all sides of her magic and in doing so felt safe in the darkness and the light and her space now reflected this.

Lucy walked into the bath and shimmed out of her dress before stepping into the hot water and pulling out a key. Gently placing it in the water she speaks "I am linked to the path to the world of Celestial Spirits, now! O spirit, answer my call and pass through the gate!" the key glowed as a woman appeared floating above the water "Hello Aquarius we need to talk" 

The room inspiration for Lucy is below.

Authors Note

Authors Note

Hey guys I hope you're enjoying the book so far, as the Infinity Clock arc is not canon I decided to use it to my advantage. As for the duality of Lucy's magic, it was inspired by the eclipse keys arc. Please don't forget to vote and leave a comment I love to hear my reader's opinions. I will be posting my update schedule on Instagram so check out my page.