Prologue

The battle with Tartarus was finally over and they had won yet not everyone was celebrating one of these people was the famed Celestial Spirit Mage of Fairy Tail

The battle with Tartarus was finally over and they had won yet not everyone was celebrating one of these people was the famed Celestial Spirit Mage of Fairy Tail. Lucy Heartfilia was in pain not as much physically but emotionally she had lost her closest friend and spirit sacrificed for her guild.

Lucy frowned as he carefully hid her keys and made her way over to Wendy, the youngest dragon slayer was standing with Carla with tears in her eyes. Her family had disbanded, and she had no idea where to go. "Wendy, Carla would you like to come with me?" The two turned to the blonde who had a soft but sad smile on her face. Wendy immediately hugged Lucy as the tears fell down her face giving the blonde a reply in the nodding motion of her head.

Lucy glanced at Carla who also gave a small but tearful nod. Unknown to many, the letter that Lucy once held in her hand had been burnt before she packed her belongings. Natsu had failed her she was not going to think about the fire dragon slayer anymore as he had broken the trust, she once had in him.

As the three left Magnolia two pairs of grey eyes looked after them with mournful expressions "Gramps are you sure about this?" Laxus asked while his eyes stayed on Lucy's retreating figure. His grandfather nodded while looking in the directions his children had gone after his announcement. "Go find that missing key of hers my boy so you can use it as a courting present when the time comes, I will be fine."

Laxus looked over at his grandfather and Mest before nodding and disappearing in a flash of lightning.