Chapter 17

Mira stared as the projection disappeared the woman was quite clear that they were there to help yet she only saw the commander

Mira stared as the projection disappeared the woman was quite clear that they were there to help yet she only saw the commander. She turned to Gray and Lissana who were watching the guards prepared to fight when a woman appeared at their side dressed in similar regalia to the commander down the visor that covered her eyes. Long white hair glowed in the moonlight even as it was braided something about her bothered the Fairy Tail members but they all acknowledged her. She just smiled at them before walking over to the take-over mage "I can sense her in you".

Gray looked at Mira with surprise wanting an explanation when she glowed and suddenly a strangely familiar face appeared "Satan Soul Mirajane- Seilah" This unnerved the others a bit as Lissana explained her sister's reasoning while Gray mumbled under his breath "Uhh, she basically stole her body, you know." the woman just smirked and raised her hand "I order you all of you, sleep tight".

Gray and Juvia paled a bit "Whoa!" the couple were amazed and very creeped out. The remaining guards ran at the group prepared to fight when the unnamed woman stepped forward and removed her visor. Mira watched in horror as the men let out horrifying screams and the woman just glowed before every soldier grew still in pools of their blood. The woman put back on her visor and stared blankly down the road "A puppet on a string" There was a loud explosion in the direction she was facing before she turned to them and smiled.

"It was a joy to see the Demon Mirajane your power is truly magnificent". The group watched the woman in surprise before Lisanna gained her voice "You killed them" The woman turned to Lissana her eyebrow raised a bit. "Did you expect me to do otherwise the throne gave clear instructions they intend to exterminate us unless true in their defection they are to be killed" Before anyone could argue a voice was heard "Loke" Gray spoke his voice firm as the spirit acknowledged them and then approached the woman.

"Duchess Heartfilia sends a direct order" The guild members watched as the woman took a military stance the lion spirit's expression was painfully neutral "This is a direct order from your sovereign queen given through her most trusted member of court her grace the Duchess Heartfilia there has only been one person defecting she has given up crucial information. Your order is to kill as there will be no more persons joining our side".

The fairy tail members felt their hearts grow cold, this meant that they could no longer play nice. Gray slowly turned to Juvia, before he sighed pulling out a chain that was a replica of his out of his pocket and gently placing it around her neck. The necklace glowed as the enchantment on it settled. He pulled the woman into a passionate kiss that caused Mira to grin widely. As the couple pulled away, he spoke "I had Wendy and Lucy enchant this like mine it will protect you after we win this, I will tell you everything but for now stay by my side".

The water mage looked at the man she had loved for years and nodded "I shall" The duo shared a moment before turning to the white-haired woman "We will go with you" The woman smirked and nodded. Juvia now observed the woman properly "What shall we call you?" Now the woman laughed a bit before responding "Ophiuchus is what I am called".

The group quickly went their separate ways as Mira turned to Loke "Lucy and the others are, okay?" The spirit gave her a curt nod before vanishing. The eldest of the three let out a breath of relief "Well now I know why the order of the Zodiac is so elite and powerful off-putting people Alvarez has theirs and we have ours"

Elfman was still staring at the still and bloodied bodies "What did she do" Mirajane just glanced at them and sighed "Lost magic so disturbing that I cannot even discuss" As the trio walked towards the Cathedral the younger members noticed how Mira had returned to her standard form and pale skin seemed to have a clammy greenish tint. They hoped that whatever had happened they did not need to see again. They turned to take another glance at the fallen soldiers only to see the bodies disappearing into a black fog. "Mira-nee the bodies" but their older sister did not turn around "The order is cleaning up the bodies lets go".

________

Wendy smirked as several soldiers rushed towards her with their weapons drawn as they crossed the barrier Levy had made, she watched as half of the army succumbed to the enchantment while the other half rushed over them to fight. Unfortunately for them, Wendy did not care to make things easy her previous enchantment now came into play. She watched the men clutching their throats, trying their best to find air.

As the slowly turned blue the sky dragon slayer looked around, she sensed someone watching her, she subtly started forming an invisible shield around her body. The first attack quickly failed, the two that followed were equally pathetic. The guards were shooting at her with arrows trying not to get too close, it was a good plan as she could not leave her post just yet. Suddenly a rock barrier formed, and a man appeared on his knees "Lady Wendy".

The girl smiled "Hello Taurus" The man's eyes were hidden behind a black cloth, he was dressed in the zodiac military uniform a form-fitting suit of black gold and white. He towered over his mistress at 6 foot 7 inches with a muscled form he resembled a god of war. The man was of few words and did his duty well the guild members that ran to help Wendy watched in awe as the man smirked and the ground split in two. The soldiers screamed as they fell into the chasm. Those who managed to avoid it cried as the terrain under their feet became sharp rocks that pierced their flesh.

Wendy just smiled and reinforced the magic in the enchantment adding some blood to ensure it would work until she dispelled it. Behind her some of her guildmates were staring at the hulking man in shock such a powerful earth mage yet they had no idea who this man was. Wendy spoke for him "This is Taurus one of the order of the Zodiac members he specializes in earth magic" The man gave them all a curt nod. It was shocking to see the hulking man take off his cape and place it over Wendy's shoulders. "More of them a coming," he said softly. Wendy nodded and glanced at Chelia who nodded and prepared herself.