Chapter 8

It had only been one day since Natsu returned and he had caused a fuss, the Fairy Tail symbol burned bright in the front of the palace

It had only been one day since Natsu returned and he had caused a fuss, the Fairy Tail symbol burned bright in the front of the palace. Lucy's protection spell luckily protected the palace walls from being burned. The blonde stood in the shadows and watched as Natsu ran with purpose away from the city. It would seem their rest and relaxation were done. Laxus stood beside her and smirked "Time to reunite with the others" he mumbled before Lucy tilted her head and nodded the couple disappeared in a flash of lightning.

Wendy waited in the middle of the road; Carla right next to her in human form they could hear Natsu approaching as he caught up to them the two plastered on calm smiles. "Natsu, you need to learn to hold back" Wendy muttered as she started walking down the path her fellow dragon slayer behind her, "Lucy already sent out letters for everyone to meet up at the old guild site we just need to find the other missing members."

Natsu nodded before looking over at Wendy and sensing her magic she had gotten stronger she was masking her magic but not so much so that he could not sense it. He watched after the girl as she walked ahead of him her aura was visible enough for Natsu to be silent. Wendy's aura took the form of a dragon and not any dragon it was a light pink version of Grandeeny but bigger and a bit more dangerous. He had heard rumors about Wendy's dragon force however he did not expect her to become so strong in a year.

"Who are we looking for?" Natsu asked with a small whine that both Wendy and Carla rolled their eyes at "Gray, Juvia and Erza" her tone so flat that Happy picked up on it and realized Lucy was not the only person mad at them. Natsu however just frowned and gave a curt nod the blue exceed could not help but fly up to Wendy and Carla his eyes held understanding and acceptance, yet they were stern something strange for happy.

"I understand that you guys are not pleased with our actions, and I can accept that however if our entire trip is going to be filled with cold silence and anger then we should not go looking for the other members of our family since we can't act like one"

Wendy's eyes narrowed as much as she hated to admit it Happy was right and that annoyed her since she was not mad at the exceed. She was mad at Natsu everyone knows that Happy would follow Natsu no matter how much he disagreed, so they did not hold him accountable for the actions of his partner. Yet here was the normally cheerful exceed being rational and firm. Wendy signed and gave Happy a nod before turning to Natsu "I don't like you right now, nor will I forgive you. You hurt my kin and for that, I want to suck every ounce of oxygen out of you and leave you a corpse however you are family, so I won't."

Natsu paled as Wendy spoke her words harshly and she seemed unrepentant about it turning she pulled out a key and pushed her magic into it "With the permission of the Celestial Priestess I ask that you take all four of us to Juvia Lockster" There was a sound of bells and a large magic circle opened under them time seemed to freeze for a second and then they disappeared.

Leaving only the fallen left where they stood was an indication of their previous presence. When Natsu finally snapped out of their fear he noticed that they were in front of a house that had seen better days. Juvia sat in the rain her eyes not focused on them almost as if she was in a daze. Wendy paused and walked over "Juvia-san?" her voice unsure and filled with worry. To their surprise, Juvia looked up and mumbled their names before passing out.

"Take her inside now" Wendy ordered before pulling out her lacrima phone and texting Lucy, this was not good. As they got her inside Wendy began to strip Juvia out of her wet clothes grabbing a towel to dry her off. Natsu looked the other way trying to give his guildmates privacy but also observing the cabin "Gray lived here too I am picking up his scent" Before they could say another word the doors opened, and lightning filled the sky before a bolt landed right in front of the door. Out of it stepped Laxus and Lucy dressed in comfortable but elegant clothing. Neither acknowledged Natsu as they entered Lucy made her way quickly over to Juvia with a small frown.

"Why is she alone Gray was supposed to be with her he wrote me a few months ago ensuring that they were fine." Her voice was soft and filled with worry yet somehow Lucy looked calm. Laxus however looked around and frowned "His scent is here but fading "The couple exchanged a look before glancing at Wendy who just frowned.

"I lived here with my beloved Gray, just the two of us. We found this deserted village and burrowed an empty house. We would eat together, train together, work together and even sleep in separate beds because he would always kick me out.'" The two females listening both sweatdropped as Laxus held back from laughing his lip twitching. Juvia however seemed to deflate as she spoke "But, one day we were outside and his body half of it had black markings I asked him what was happening, but he passed it off like it was nothing. After that, he would leave the village on his own. And half a year ago he never came back."

Lucy and Laxus exchanged looks, Wendy however just sighed she had an idea why Gray had left after all the three of them maintained contact with Erza. Natsu then chose that moment to comment "That jerk just leaving like that" Lucy tensed and turned to Natsu anger burning in her eyes "You are in no position to talk or judge" Natsu still not looking at Lucy just flippantly responded "I left a will" Happy quickly corrected him before Lucy let out a laugh cold and detached "Even so you still left us behind, you made a promise to me Natsu and broke it without thinking of the consequences as usual" her words harsh but true she then turned to Juvia and embraced the woman as she cried.

When Natsu made his promise to bring Gray back Lucy could not help but roll her eyes she could not hold him to that and neither could Juvia but the woman accepted it.