Chapter 18

It was unexpected many expected the Alverez empire to put up a fight and Zeref expected them to be merciful instead he was shocked by the brutality of the Zodiac order each one of them fought and killed like monsters of divine birth

It was unexpected many expected the Alverez empire to put up a fight and Zeref expected them to be merciful instead he was shocked by the brutality of the Zodiac order each one of them fought and killed like monsters of divine birth. His elite 12 had been effortlessly destroyed and all for him to walk into an empty guild hall. Where was the crystal? Where was Mavis's body what the hell was this?

"I warned you, didn't I? You would not get what you wanted, I don't see what the gods saw in you, pathetic" he turned to the woman sitting on the bannister above him. Lucilla Heartfilia Jacaranda the voice his mind provided her name with awe and reverence. It had been many years since he had been around a member of either family to see that such powerful bloodlines had merged was interesting. 

His baby brother's partner was an enigma when he first saw her, she had been naïve and weak always bright-eyed. It reminded him of Mavis he saw their love in two others. Yet his brother had once again screwed up Dragneels always seemed to destroy their loved ones maybe it was a family curse.

"Your fixation on my great-grandaunt was always interesting to my grandfather. Jude never really understood but the rest of us did you fell in love with her, but your curse refused her. Then the strangest thing happened because you were not allowed to have to woman you love you grew obsessed with possessing her body, mind, and soul." Zeref glared at the blonde as she spoke. Yet Lucy just smirked at him and jumped off the banister landing on the ground without issue.

Her heeled boots clicked against the floor as she walked closer to him "The problem is she was not yours to own Zeref she was always ours. You fell in love with an optimistic illusionist who could use the great spells and create more. You fell in love with the devious strategist however you forgot one thing she was not yours to own the Gods wanted her, so they took her. Your obsession caused them to place her in eternal slumber".

Suddenly Zeref felt cold as golden eyes stared into his soul "Half of her soul stays by your side not to love you but to remind her of why she hates you". Lucy stepped back pleased when she could see how her words affected the man. His posture slowly worsened as he curled into himself and the absolute brokenness in his eyes. She watched in glee as her words broke the last shreds of hope that the man had before stepping back "It's time you face your little brother enjoy" he had never heard the word sound so mockingly until she faded from view.

Natsu was furious by the time he approached Zeref and the fury formed in black and red flames. Laxus watched as the other Dragon Slayer walked towards the guildhall and thanked the gods for the protection spells on the guild neither brother would be able to damage the guild. Beside him stood Gray and Lucy with END the book settled in her hold as she carefully began to read. As she began to write the magic of the book took hold and Lucy froze hissing softly through her clenched teeth.

Gray watched her with concern before placing an icy hand on her shoulder and allowing his magic to cover her "Lucy should you be risking this right now". Laxus grunted in agreement with one eye open. Lucy however just smiled and responded softly as she rewrote the book "I have an overprotective mate and brother huh" The two men grumbled a bit as the blond quickly rewrote the book.