Chapter 16

Just as they had predicted the attack had begun Wendy felt the shift in the air first before she glanced at Chelia and grinned. The Sky Dragon Slayer tilted her head a little before going into Dragon Force and launching into the sky. She rose into the sky like a beacon before gathering her energy "Sky Dragons Forbidden Art" 

Natsu's head turned in the girl's direction in shock before he glanced at Lucy who was watching with interest "Forbidden Art is too dangerous Luce" The blonde didn't even spare him a glance. Wendy opened her eyes as the large magic circle covered the armada of ships. "Vortex".

It was as if the air itself halted before it began to gather over the sea in a swirling storm the sky above grew dark with clouds and lightening and soon the speel began to take shape and Levy began to laugh "So our little Wendy's forbidden spell is a tornado, it's perfect" 

 Master Mavis, however, watched the spell as it sucked in the armada and then gasped "It looks and works like a tornado till you realise what's feeding it is the air from whatever it swallows. It's literally pulling the oxygen out of them". Several guild members were stunned before they let out loud cheers.

"THAT'S OUR LIL WENDY" Mavis was stunned at the support they gave the girl, yet a small smile appeared. Wendy had truly grown up she was no longer hesitating to defend herself and her home. Natsu blinked in shock as Wendy lowered herself to the ground with a proud smirk

. "Forbidden arts come with a price" was all he said but the girl looked at him blankly "Not if you have opened up your magic to your soul" was her response before she frowned "The sand mage still lives".

Lucy glances at the Jupiter cannon and then at the man who seems to be alone on his ship "Don't waste the cannon on him, She then pulls out her lacrima "Ogra if I give you the proper coordinates can you strike someone?" Laxus smirks as the other man lets out a chuckle.

 "Can't Laxus do it?" Lucy just smirks "I want to double the dose" The man on the other end pauses for a second before he starts laughing loudly "A ruthless woman I see. Yes, it's possible" Lucy smirked and glanced at Levy who nodded in confirmation.

Both smirked when Ogra made a noise of confirmation and began a countdown. Cana watched as magic built up around Laxus and lightning crackled. When the Lightning god slayer reached one Laxus fired off his spell. The mixture of black and gold lightning was beautiful as both descended upon Ajeel the man's screams of pain were heard by everyone even Ogra who was still powering the spell.

This continued for five more minutes before Levy cleared her throat "That should be enough" Both lightning slayers stopped their spell and the girl looked over at Ajeel who was no longer in the air as he and his ship went down. The solid script mage grinned, "The rest are marching so why don't we all give them a wonderful welcoming committee?"

Cheers rang out as the different teams took off, Levy and Lucy exchanged a tight hug before separating the Celestial Spirit mage then glanced at her lacrima and then at her husband "Thanks Ogra" The man just gave a chuckle and hung up. 

However, the smile on Lucy's face vanished as she turned to see Brandish "It's you again, are you here to find out the truth of what happened to your mother?" Brandish glared at the blonde before smirking "Or I could enlarge your husband's heart till it explodes".

There was a silence before Lucy started laughing, Cana inched closer to Lucy in concern only for the blonde to wave her off. Laxus watched as his wife's eyes changed and the stars vanished. "Are you sure you want to do that" Something in her tone sounded like it was a threat. 

Brandish smirked and just turned to Laxus who let out a soft grunt. As soon as Lucy heard it a feral growl echoed in the now empty streets. Cana stood in front of Laxus with her cards drawn ready to defend the man when she noticed that even with her back turned to Lucy the woman did not see the blonde as a threat.

"Big mistake" Before Brandish could question it, she let out a gut-wrenching scream before falling to her knees. The pain was horrible, and she could not summon enough magic to fend off the Blonde's attack. "Do you like it, a gift from the celestial spirit king?" Lucy's eyes glowed as the woman screamed and twisted her body in pain. "Who knew feeling the sun on your skin was that bad".

 Cana snickered and raised her hand "Anyone with sense" The brunette then gave Lucy a smirk before knocking the strange woman out. "Your orders" Both Lucy and Laxus looked at brandish and Lucy made her decision. Kneeling on the ground near the unconscious mage she drew a detailed rune "Let's see her use magic now".

The trio laughed a bit before a loud explosion caught their attention "That is Gray's group" Cana sighed and checked her cards before turning pale "Not just Gray, Freed and the others are in danger" Lucy turned to Laxus and smiled "Go to your team we will be fine" The man nods before disappearing in a bolt of lightning.

Cana glances at the cards and then turns to the blonde "Let's lock her up" Lucy nods and the two escort her to the guild. As they enter Mavis watches them and sighs "Do you know why she is after you?" Lucy just smirks and glances at the girl "Yes and frankly, she has no right to hate me when her mother is the reason mine is dead".

During this conversation Brandish had awoken and overheard staying silent she listened "Four hundred years ago my ancestor Anna and Zeref agreed to open the eclipse gate to send dragon slayers through so that they could defeat Acnologia. My mother was the mage who was supposed to the gate in her time. However, she was supposed to use all twelve keys as Brandish's mother had one of the keys my mother used her own life force to compensate that is why she died from Magic Deficiency disease."

The room was quiet as the group of people absorbed the information, but Lucy was not done "As a result Grammi promised to pass down Aquarius's key to me instead of keeping it. A man named Zoldleo killed Grammi out of anger for my mother's death."

Brandish listened in shock before she was taken to the dungeons it had all been a lie. She had wanted revenge for all the wrong reasons. Her mother's death was not Lucy or Layla's fault, someone else had killed her and her mother had been the reason Layla Heartfilia had passed on so early in life.

As another explosion rocked the town Warren glanced at Mavis and sighed her strategy was working but it seemed that Lucy's backup plan was needed. He wondered how long their shields would stand. In Hargeon, Wall and Dimaria are on a ship and the man cackles loudly. Annoyed with his laughing the woman instructs him to stop immediately only for the man to point out that Ajeel and Brandish's situations are amusing. The woman pauses for a bit before letting out a loud laugh.

Wall then pauses and gathers his magic a giant cannon forms and is quickly aimed at the Fairy Tail guild hall. Without a thought, the man fires the cannon expecting it to hit only for the attack to be blocked by a huge airship. Christina splinters as the cannon hits it. Ichiya uses the small time left to use the communication system.

Lucy smiles when she hears his words, and her previous clothing is replaced by a tight-fitting black and gold military uniform. Over her shoulders hung a white cape with the Order of Zodiacs crest her long golden hair was pulled into a tight bun hidden under her hat. Using her magic, she formed a large projection of herself "This is Commander Jacaranda of the Order of the Zodiac under order of the throne we have been deployed alongside the Order of the Dragon several members will be joining you on the battlefield. Commander out"

As the projection faded several mages let out loud cheers, while several fairy tail members nodded in approval. It seemed that the crown had really provided them with backup. They were grateful.