Chapter 7

1 Year Later

1 Year Later

The grand magic games had just ended, and the onlookers were watching with interest, as Sabertooth had not participated this year and instead chose to judge and support the games Fairy Tail had disbanded so this new group were not the strongest they were third truly. 

Many eyes shifted to the seating area where the royal family and three others sat. Three previous Fairy Tail members were not often seen in public but were powerful. Lucilla Heartfilia the Duchess Jacaranda- Heartfilia the owner of the biggest Duchy and conglomerate in Fiore, the owner of the newest lacrima product companies and three clothing companies she outfitted the royal family and many others.

While she was a powerful mage most knew her for her intelligence and wealth. On her right was Laxus Dreyar the Lightening Dragon Slayer and co-owner of three restaurants and three major bars. He was the mate of Lucy Heartfilia and a member of the Wizard Saints. To the left of the couple was a beautiful girl with blue hair, Wendy Marvell Heartfilia the younger sister of the Duchess, one of the few dragon slayers in Fiore and a popular healer who ran the Heartfilia medical institute.

During the announcements, a man walked in with a hood his scent was smoke and mint he made a declaration about challenging them before the temperature of the arena increased steadily clothes of the onlookers started to melt. Lucy frowned and lazily waved her hand a barrier appeared. Keeping them from being affected as the smoke cleared a man stood grinning with long salmon hair and a familiar smile. "Natsu," Lucy said her voice monotone as she stared down at the man with a frown who just tilted his head "Hey Luce!"

Wendy sighed and turned to the now gaping royal family "We apologize for this please allow us to handle this "Hisui looked at Wendy and nodded before she and her entourage left. Wendy looked at her fellow dragon slayer with a small frown. "Since you have returned Natsu maybe you should learn to think before you attack."

Her words were stiff and more formal than he or Happy was used to. Laxus sighed and offered the woman he knew was Lucy his hand. He watched as she took it and rose to her feet her Fairy Tail mark hidden by a pair of solid white gloves. "Wendy take him to the country house join us after you have him settled" The bluenette nodded before embracing Lucy and Laxus in a hug and stepping back as the two disappeared in a flash of light.

She then jumped down into the arena landing gracefully. Her brown eyes peered up at him as she beckoned for him to come closer "Take my hand both of you" Without question both Natsu and Happy took the girl's hands a magic circle immediately formed under them and the wind started to circle around them before they disappeared from the arena and instead appeared in front of a house on the outskirts of crocus. The two followed Wendy inside and took a seat before Natsu spoke "So how have you been Wendy!" his voice was full of enthusiasm as if he was ignoring reality.

"Fine, Lucy and Laxus took care of Carla and me for the past year." Natsu tilted his head "Why Laxus are Gray and Erza not at the guild anymore." The silence was deafening so much so that Wendy could feel her magic building up. Taking a deep breath, she glared at the man who was once her brother.

"What guild Natsu? Fairy Tail has been disbanded for the past year" Natsu and Happy stared at Wendy in shock "What do you mean disbanded, how could you guys let this happen?" Wendy was about to reply went she felt another magical aura "You have no room to talk Natsu" In the corner of the room stood Lucy her body hidden by the shadows, but her eyes seemed to be glowing "You left, you abandoned the guild and your family. You broke your word do not speak on it now when you were the first to leave."

Natsu looked down in shame while Happy looked at Lucy with a sad expression, he was aware that this would end badly but he saw the look in Lucy's eyes it was empty. Not the joy when she looked at Wendy and Laxus when she looked at them her eyes looked empty nearly dismissive. The blonde just glanced at him and walked over slowly their eyes widened the Lucy they knew a year ago wore revealing clothing now she wore long pants that suited her a white button up and Laxus's coat instead of boots she wore a pair of heels once again she wore gloves. She sat down near Wendy her keys nowhere in sight. What had happened to their Lucy?

"However, if you want to reunite our guild the information is in the next room, we kept tabs on everyone the best we could" After that the celestial mage rose to her feet and she and Wendy left. Natsu stared at the space where the blonde once stood and then walked into the room where a large board stood, and they read every detail.

"Happy we hurt her do you think she will forgive us?" Happy stood staring at the board and sighed "I don't know Natsu."