Chapter 9

Once again, Wendy accompanied Natsu to find Gray

Once again, Wendy accompanied Natsu to find Gray. Lucy refused to work with Natsu. Instead, the woman spent the time watching over Juvia, who had fallen asleep. Laxus stood behind her with a frown. He hoped that Gray and Erza had a good reason for their actions. He placed a hand on his mate's shoulder. She had yet to let him officially mark her after being together as long as they had due to her distrust. "Lucy, how should we deal with this."

Unknown to the couple, Juvia had woken up. She just did not want to face them. She listened as her previous love-rival sighed, "We follow the plan, and we try our best not to kill Natsu" Juvia heard the venom that Lucy seemed to spit when she said Natsu's name. Laxus sighed and placed a kiss on her neck "He wants you; I can smell it I do not want to fight another dragon" Juvia was now confused. Didn't Natsu and Lucy have a relationship? However, over the past year, it seemed that Laxus and Lucy had entered a committed relationship.

"I don't care for Natsu; even before he left, I saw him the same way I see Gray as a brother. The only difference is with Gray, most people knew we were just friends," Laxus scoffed and turned to Juvia. "Yet Juvia called you love-rival for years" The bluenette could not help but feel a little guilty she had referred to Lucy by a term she clearly did not like.

The couple continued to speak softly as Juvia listened to them exchange soft passionate whispers and sighed when she felt her fever breaking. As she opened her eyes, she noticed Lucy's hand on her head before both made eye contact. "We need to go soon."

The urgency in the woman's voice caused Juvia to sit up and allow the other woman to help her dress when she suddenly felt the darkness creeping up on her, and her magic was guiding her out the door before she knew it. Lucy looked at Laxus with a knowing smirk before chasing after the woman. Of course, Juvia had sensed someone flirting with Gray and was now going to commit a murder. He had forgotten that, like all the other women in their guild, Juvia was just as much the possessive psychopath.

Taking a deep breath, he followed the women hoping that he would not encounter any weird dark mages on the way to well somewhere. As they arrived, they noticed the army of soldiers and suddenly understood Gray's absence when they overheard the exchange between Blair and Gray.

Lucy wasted no time and immediately changed into her Taurus star dress. There was a shadow of a smile before the woman summoned her whip and slammed it against the ground; sharp pillars rose from the ground, injuring several soldiers. Some were not lucky and were impaled. However, Lucy allowed her magic to heal them to the point that they wouldn't die but would stay down for a long time.

Glancing at the others rushing over as Gray and Juvia fought together and as Wendy decimated the frontal ranks, she thought, "Laxus, I want a lightning bolt right in the middle of those soldiers." The man agreed, and with a quick snap, several of the soldiers were immediately out of commission.

Lucy grinned, and her eyes took on a bright golden glow; Wendy and Laxus immediately pulled Gray and Juvia behind the blonde as they knew the destruction she would cause. "Supernova", the sky grew dark, and the stars appeared, each glowing brightly. The magic from one spread to the other before meeting in the middle and descending upon the gathered space.

When the blinding light vanished and the sky returned to normal, a huge crater was in the middle of the battlefield. Lucy had just taken out the entire squadron. While she did that, Natsu had defeated the cult leader with a bright grin, but his ex-partner paid him no mind instead; she turned to look at the arrival of Levy and Gajeel.

"Hey guys, nice to see you again." The bright smile she gave them seemed to be very different from how she greeted Natsu, and he noticed it. While he spoke no words about how hurt he was, he could not help but glare at Laxus. The man had taken his sweet innocent, kind violent Lucy from him.

 Lucy was his he had firmly decided that after the Nirvana mission. While he may have reconsidered that after Edolas for a few weeks after getting Lisanna back, Lucy was his. He had planned to ask her on a date when he returned. It never occurred to him that she would be mad or move on after all; it was just a year. 

The stench of his anger and jealousy caught Gajeel and Wendy's attention. The younger of the two glared at the man before using her magic to push him away. Gajeel, however, just grunted and walked over to Laxus. "You two have a threat", was all he said. The couple looked at him before glancing at Natsu and responding softly, "We know we are planning on dealing with it soon."

Levy quickly made her way over to Lucy and gave her a hug. "Lu-chan, I missed you; letters were not enough!" The two women immediately started talking while Erza made her way over to Natsu. "It has been a year, Natsu" The man looked at her and nodded as his eyes strayed over to Lucy once again, but Erza was not having it. "Leave her be, Natsu" The fire dragon slayer turned to her with a frown. "She's my partner", was all he said, but Erza, who had spent her year with Jellal and Meredy, just smirked. "She was your partner. You left. She got a new partner and a husband from what I hear, leave her alone"

Laxus, who had been listening, smirked and walked over to his woman, gently tilting her head up before he kissed her. Natsu had his chance for years Laxus wanted her to be happy, so he took a step back, but the younger man had left her and his right to court her, so he approached his mate, and there would be no way he would give her up for anything.

He found Natsu to be impulsive and entitled, and he was not entitled to Lucy's time or her heart. He made eye contact with Natsu and growled loud enough for all the dragon slayers to hear. That would be Natsu's first and only warning to stay away from Lucy.

Authors Note:

Hey guys, sorry about the late post. I genuinely thought I had already posted this chapter. I hope you enjoy it.