Chapter 14

Caracol Island was beautiful, Lucy had visited once before for business reasons but being here for a rescue mission annoyed her

Caracol Island was beautiful, Lucy had visited once before for business reasons but being here for a rescue mission annoyed her. She wore a simple bathing dress that ended on her knees her Fairy Tail mark hidden, the others had wisely changed their marks to that of Lamia scale. She observed as they searched everyone and smirked. By the time they approached the group surrounded her, their magic surfacing on their skin. It was a hostile approach just as she instructed.

"Forgive my bodyguards but you are not my husband or relative, so they see coming towards me with a weapon as a threat" All eyes now focused on hers as whispers filled the air "Isn't that the Duchess Heartfilia Jacaranda of Fiore" The guards now stepped back nervously foreign nobility was above their pay grade. However, that did not stop a group of guards from bullying a group of young children. Lucy snapped her fingers teleporting the children away her eyes now golden as she glared at the guard.

"So, the Alvarez Empire enjoys bullying others, I will pass on this information to the rest of my allies in Ishgar and beyond Alvarez" The guards staggered back as her magic surfaced on her skin the intense pressure caused them to fall to their knees. So, this was the Celestial Duchess of Ishgar and the Star Priestess of Fiore her power was on par with that of the Spriggan 12.

When she stopped and walked off with her group the sliders slowly wobbled back to their stations, it was startling when a woman later appeared for some star mangoes. Her eyes were glued to the stand when she saw a familiar shade of blonde hair. Turning her eyes widened the girl was the image of Layla minus a few differences. Yet Layla's daughter was only a celestial mage this girl was different their eyes meet briefly, and the girl gave her a close-mouthed smile and turned to a woman that resembled Irene.

So, the daughter of Irene was a bodyguard to nobility and a member of a light guild she would have to tell the woman. Annoyed Brandish gazed at them before leaving the island she would leave them alone for now. Lucy took a second to review the information she got from some of her spies before smirking and leaning back. "Master is here to meet Emperor Spriggan which is a bad idea on his part" They all looked at the blonde as she looked through the papers "Emperor Spriggan is the black mage Zeref" The temperature dropped as Gray frowned "Calm down Gray we shall deal with it on a latter note" however if I where you I would be worried about the man watching us with an absurd grin. They turned and saw a man clapping his hands Lucy's eyes narrowed and she looked at him "Your magic affects space not time or fate do not tempt me" He paused and looked at her carefully something in her aura made him step back.

No wonder Brandish had come and gone anyone with real magic training would sense it and back off. "let's go get gramps" Lucy said before focusing her magic it was a quick teleportation spell but only Lucy and Mest found the location of their master while the others were waiting in the agreed upon spot.

"Mest takes gramps" It was instant when he vanished with Master, but Lucy stared at Zeref before smirking "Even you know that Fairy Heart will not give you what you want, it seems that even the gods were wrong about you" The woman faded away as she spoke causing the man to watch where she stood in shock. No, it wasn't possible a year ago that woman had been the leash on his brother, a year ago she was still an undeveloped mage so why did her magic feel older than his?

When Lucy appeared, the group was facing off against Ajeel Lucy tilted her head before glancing at Natsu, "Natsu now you may be reckless" The fire dragon launched multiple attacks against the man as they got in the carriage and left. Behind them however was Ajeel how annoying he was. Gray glanced at Lucy and the two nodded before making their way on the carriage. Slowly they gathered the smallest amounts of their magic not willing to show the enemy what they were capable of.

Yet their Master did eyes wide he wondered how their magic had grown this much and why were they masking it now. Fear filled his heart at the reasons his children would have to go to these methods. "Ice Make Silver" As the area froze Lucy glowed her clothes changing "Star Dress Sagittarius" 

The first few shots Ajeel did not see coming and fell out of the sky now relying on his monsters that the two quickly struck down. Lucy however was not going to give him the benefit and tilted her head towards the sky.

"Solar rain" Ajeel hissed as run rays descended from the sky almost killing him. Who were these people? Furious he summoned the sand ready to mummify them he knew that Makarov would sacrifice himself for his children that was clear. What he didn't expect was the lightning. Briefly, he faced the blonde who just smirked and pointed to the sky.

Laxus stood watching his eyes on Ajeel a promise of pain and something almost dragon-like, fear filled the man God Serena was a made dragon slayer who had lost his mate, yet the blonde he nearly tried to kill was the mate of a dragon. Mest took the chance to teleport them unto the ship snapping Ajeel out of his thoughts "NO running" the man screamed before Laxus looked at him "Running? No, we are just late for Supper". Another bolt of lightning came raining down on him causing him to throw his hands over his head in fear.

While the skyship sailed away, Lucy looked into the explosion with glowing eyes "That barrier saved him, next time don't only give .0005 per cent okay love" Those who had not seen Lucy in a year watched her with caution as she kissed Laxus and made her way over to Master Makarov "Zeref wants the Lumien Histoire he intends to kill us all as the High Duchess of Fiore and Ambassador of the Celestial kingdom to Ishagr I must ask you shall we take this as an act of war"

Many grew silent as they had not known Lucy's titles outside of her magical monikers. Master Makarov gazed at his granddaughter-in-law and let himself slump to the floor in relief "As an act of war in the highest order" Lucy straightened up and pulled up her lacrima "Your Highness our sources were correct to announce it to all of Fiore we are at war with Alvarez not for trade or money but because they seek to exterminate us".

Everyone watched silently as the Queen's face grew darker "If they want a war, they shall get one, Under the order of the Crown of Fiore the mages under the Order of the Zodiac and the order of Draco are allowed to fight in full capability they are to leave no prisoners unless sure of the person defection".

The words were instant as Gray, Erza, Levy and Gajeel shared smirks Cana however was now looking at the cards before a slow smile appeared on her face."The fates have spoken"

Lucy briefly glanced at the cards and nodded "Keep that to yourself Cana we shall see where it leads" Laxus wrapped an arm around his mate and softly spoke "Will you ever tell them" She looked at him with sad eyes "It only concerns my brood". It would take another few days before Lucy informed the others of her curse that would include the members of her brood.

 She supposed Erza knew as she was mated to Jellal who also suffered the curse of becoming dragon slayers of the stars, space, sun or moon came with a consequence of immortality. Zeref had suffered for four hundred years but they would never fade. Really the man was pathetic.

Authors Note:

I changed around the canon events to suit my needs Lucy is now immortal because her brood is magically bound to her they are also now immortal. A curse in many's eyes.The changed events Brandish comes earlier to just observe they can't attack Lucy anymore because she is here in her noble capacity not just for Fiore and Ishagr but as an ambassador.

 Alvarez chooses their battles carefully. As for the capacity of Gray and Lucy's magic due to how close they stayed and the fact he genuinely studied the things she sent him like Lucy Gray has spent many years not ageing but his power growing. 

As for the masking of their power war is a dangerous game what you know of your enemy is important. After a year's time, the information they have on Fairy Tail is no longer accurate the biggest thing to that is Lucy.