20.A Date with the Devil

Start from the beginning

He purposely ignored her question, a smirk crawled on his lips as he closely watched her gaze flickering to her surroundings as if afraid of them standing together is catching any attention. However he was not the holder of her concern over this. His car was parked under the shades of a large tree and he would care less even if anyone recognised him. In fact seeing her getting all fidgety was formenting him to kiss her, hard.

She instinctively stiffened when his hand cradled her face, the unexpected warmth of his lips on her temple made her lips part. She was yet to recover from his unforeseen action when he pulled away, his nose scrunched up in chagrin.

Google said girls like forehead kisses but it didn't feel enough for him. So this time he dipped his head again close to her, his lips meeting her cheeks, close enough to her lips as he left a smooch on her skin. She let out an audible gasp and when this time he pulled back, a satisfied smirk was glistening on his lips at her reaction.

"What are you doing ?" She profusely glared at him however her tinted cheeks were reciting another story.

"Soothing my little wife with a kiss after a tiring day." She couldn't help but follow the path of his fingers when they tucked her hair strands behind her ear. For the one more time her breath hitched when his face again inched closer, his thumb stroking her bottom lip. "However I would have preferred not just kissing cheeks when the whole feast is mine."

Breathlessly, she forced her step back, unable to interpret the sin laced intention behind his words, simultaneously not trusting his thumb stroking her lips nor his eyes that raked all over her. His arms already holding her didn't allow her to rejuvenate much space between them.

"Someone might see." He was still unfazed, enjoying the sight of her wriggling in his arms.

"More than three months." Ceasing her struggles, she cocked her eyebrows at him. "Enough time to digest that now you're the forever possession of your own nightmare." The flutter that happened in her chest, chilly yet warm, should be considered illegal.

"Reminds me of the fact that we should now announce our marriage." He said, his thoughtful eyes met her while he opened the passenger seat and ushered her dazed self to settle inside. "Everyone must know who are off limits now." He finished, both with his words and buckling up her seatbelt.

And next when his eyes met hers after he hopped on the driver's seat, her honey orbs were glaring at him. "Speaking of that, are you sure you are talking about both of us ? Or is it only me ?" He found his brow arching, finding delight in the furious expression featuring her face. "Because you're brooding on some male ego that you're free to do anything while I'm supposed to play the loyalty card."

Involuntarily her back arched astern as he leaned closer. "No other person has got a certain pair of honey eyes that could bind me off limits." His pupils dilated watching her heaving out a shuddering breath.

Dripping with sinister sweetness, his words affect her in a way that she doesn't want to. So all she could do was to look away and pretend that it holds no power on her.

"Where are we going ?" Noticing the car turning in a different route, she couldn't bring herself to maintain the silence anymore.

"Patience sweetheart, patience."
~
~
~
The surprise she felt was reflecting through her face when she found him standing at her side opening the door for her, his hand stretched out for her. Scowl repleted on his face when she stepped out of the car, ignoring his waiting hand on her way.

Her eyes calculated her surroundings while her steps moved closer to the lavish building. The valet along with the manager quickly approached in their direction while Aarav moved closer, his arms landing on her back. Through the periphery, she shot him a glare, nonetheless didn't show any sign of repellent this time.