{R18+} Chapter 23 (3/3) - I Will Never Not Be At Home Anymore

⚠️CW: Breathplay - don't do that at home kids, it's easier to kill people accidently than you think.⚠️

Word count: 8.861

ℹ️ Small announcement, I have planned a small VP-fic as a Christmas surprise or if you don't celebrate X-mas, as a year-end surprise. I'll upload the first part on 12/24/2023, the second part a few days after that. "Killer" will be sleeping until next year, but not bc of the surprise fic (it was written, but uneditited for long now), but bc I still have to write an epilogue for Longest Night. 💕 You can follow me here on Wattpad or on Instagram (vegaspete.badboys4life) to be always up to date. 😘

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

[Pete's POV]

"I can't believe you didn't inform me that you told your grandparents about your scars." Vegas said and nudged my arm as we sat on a blanket at the beach. Macau was chilling with some friends he had made at the party and my grandparents were at home. After we had spent the day together they threw us out to prepare dinner and to "give the young people" some time to ourselves, so we enjoyed the afternoon at the beach.

"I didn't want to make you feel uncomfortable."

Vegas took a sip from the bottle of water in his hand. "I didn't want them to hate me."

"They don't, but if they would have found out after I lied about it, they would mistrust our relationship and I didn't want that. I want them to know we don't hide anything."

Vegas nodded, but he still seemed a little peeved. I bent down so my face was under his and he couldn't avoid looking at me. "Don't be upset with me, na?"

Without a warning, Vegas pushed me until I lost my balance and he was able to manhandle my head to lay in his lap. "How could I be upset with you for long? It's just... I hoped they wouldn't find out too soon what kind of a bad person I am."

"You aren't bad, Vegas. Not to me, or Macau. And for the record: It's not like you hurt me as my boyfriend anyway."

"There are still things I regret. What I did to you of course, but also other stuff."

"Tell me if you want. I'll listen to you."

Vegas looked uncomfortable. I recognized how he considered what he could tell me. I wasn't afraid there could be anything I couldn't understand though. I knew Vegas hadn't had an easy life under his father.

"It's..." He started, stressing the word as he tried to figure out how to say what he wanted. I just took his hand and drew little circles with my thumb whilst I smiled a hopeful encouraging smile. "It's just that my life was always externally determined ever since my mom died. Without her I was alone... She was framed by the Major Clan to be a traitor. Sadly it was my father himself who had started these rumors."

I tried hard to school my face to appear mostly neutral, but obviously I did a very bad job when Vegas looked at me like he knew what bomb he had just detonated. "Crazy, right? He was crazy, I can't say it otherwise. I don't even think he never loved her, but in the end he loved Porsche's mom more and my mother couldn't take that. She was hurt that her own husband cared more for his "sister" (Vegas gestured quotation marks with his fingers), than for his wife. She may have been emotionally insatiable sometimes, but she wasn't dumb. She knew exactly what my father and uncle Korn felt for their sister. She even tried to warn Namphueng and Pat, but in the end after Porsche's parents allegedly died, Korn turned it like she had been harrassing Namphueng because she was jealous of her marriage and for the love of her brothers. They said she had bullied her so much until Namphueng asked Pat to flee with their sons and during that they had this car crash. And suddenly my mom, who was a good person, a good mother and wife, was thrown in front of the bus to hide that Korn and my father wanted Pat dead from the day Namphueng first showed romantic interest in another man."