Chapter 16 - Safe

⚠️(Trigger) Warning: mental issues (memory loss) , violence and blood! ⚠️

[When someone speaks English I'll type the parts bold.]

Hello everyone,

at some point I added Pete's southern accent and Vegas' Italian skills. To make it clear I used 'italic' for Pete and 'italic x bold' for Vegas  for this part.

Have fun. 😊 Let's go.

....................................

Vegas' POV

As I went inside the house, Pete and Macau were already busy in the kitchen.

"Normally it's better to cook the rice a day before, but I guess it will work like this too. We can cool it down with the ice I bought." My brother said.

"Wow, you are well prepared, Macau." Pete said impressed as he checked all the ingredients Macau had managed to bring here.

Honestly, I wanted to have Pete around me all the time. All for myself, but I knew this jealousy was irrational. Even though it tugged on my gut, but it was nice to see the both together.

After I woke up at the hospital Macau told me that Pete took good care of him. They spent a lot of time together and became close. Like brothers. And even though Pete had forgotten that time, the invisible bond still seemed to be there. It really felt like family already. Like home.

I loved it when Pete gave me his full attention, but watching him from a few steps afar was also amazing. I couldn't believe how beautiful he was. The way he moved, the way he bit his lip when he was concentrated and especially his smile when he finally noticed me watching him.

"Vegas, there you are." This smile.

Pete came over to me and took a garment bag from me. "Why didn't you tell me that there was still luggage to carry. I could've helped you."

"It's just my second bag and this garment bag. I think I'm strong enough to handle it."

Pete ignored my sarcastically remark. "I can take it upstairs if you want."

"Let's go together."

"I thought you are strong enough-" I cut him off with a peck on his lips. Then I climbed up the stairs. Since Pete still had the garment bag in his hand, he had no choice but to follow me to bring it to the room.

I heard Macau from downstairs: "You both! I will not do this alone! If you won't return quickly I will come get you."

"We will be right back, Macau." Pete assured quickly.

In the room I put the bag down to the other luggage. Pete hung the garment bag on a hook next to the door.

"Why you brought so much luggage, Vegas? Do you plan to stay here for longer?"

"These are weapons." Pete raised his eyebrows.

"You bring a bag full of weapons to the safe house? Do you always do this?"

"No, but this time my two most important people are here."

"That's quiet romantic in a screwed up and gory way." Pete laughed and turned to open the garment bag behind him. "And that? Will you wear a suit tomor- what's that?" He asked confused as he took out his own black suit with the badge of the Major Clan.

Pete turned around, looking at me questioningly.

"Your suit."

He rolled his eyes. "I know, but I thought you tossed it."